Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Times up! Planning to get my rear out to "Katherienes Landing" leaving Thursday!

Default Times up! Planning to get my rear out to "Katherienes Landing" leaving Thursday!

Been a long time coming, but I have now finalized my plans for my first debut on the Colorado River, thanks to all who have replied to my posts / questions / advise. Decided to start at Katherienes, then troll up (or down) to Cottonwood cove and willow. Troll for stripers in the day and then drop anchors and fish for catfish at night. Gonna bring along lots of coffee, bait and patience! Regardless of how the fishing turns out, I will give an account of my adventures. Hoping to make this the first of a great many more in the coming months - every week in fact that I can get away for 3 or more days at a time!

Default Colorado River

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Been a long time coming, but I have now finalized my plans for my first debut on the Colorado River, thanks to all who have replied to my posts / questions / advise. Decided to start at Katherienes, then troll up (or down) to Cottonwood cove and willow. Troll for stripers in the day and then drop anchors and fish for catfish at night. Gonna bring along lots of coffee, bait and patience! Regardless of how the fishing turns out, I will give an account of my adventures. Hoping to make this the first of a great many more in the coming months - every week in fact that I can get away for 3 or more days at a time!
    Hi Darold, just want to wish you luck out there and take lots of pictures. Have fun!!!

Don't know how to post pictures to the site, any help available?

Just be careful running back from cottonwood if the wind picks up you will be heading right into it. Will be rough and wet ride back to the landing be safe keep life jacket on especially if alone. Now get out there and catch some fish..

Thanks for the advise, more likely than not I will be going it alone, how high of wind should I be worried enough to seek shelter in a cove, 15 mph & up?

It looks like you may get a north wind. Just use good judgement. The wind on these lakes can whip up quick and change directions fast. I've hit four foot rollers going back to cottonwood on a seadoo and it loosened my teeth. Take care and let us know hoe you did. I may have to try that area(around katherines) sometime soon.

Got 14 of the AC plugs In the mail today, I plan on doing a bit of trolling, 10 of the plugs came with bills attached, won't they dive deeper than the set dept of the downrigger? Or is one for striper, and the other for LMB?

Thanks for the advise, more likely than not I will be going it alone, how high of wind should I be worried enough to seek shelter in a cove, 15 mph & up?
    Just play it smart and keep your bow up and stay close to the shore slow wet ride back to Katherienes marina if the wind kicks up.
    If your plugs are divers yes they will go lower that your set dept.

Have a great time out there, hope you get into some fish. Did you get a AIS sticker for the boat? http://www.ndow.org/Boat/Aquatic_Inv...l_Information/

DD.....sound like an awesome trip you have planned! Be safe, be smart, and CATCH some fish!!!! Take plenty of pics both day and night so you can share with us your adventures. I'm heading there myself soon and would like to hear about your experiences with pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast