Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trying to narrow it down.

Default Trying to narrow it down.

Went to Google earth trying to get an idea of just where to start out my river fishing adventures - no luck, just ended up more confused than I was at the start. I just bought 22 AC plugs, and have my new boat in the shop for an upgrade on my tachometer so that I can troll below 3.5 mph, I also added a digital downrigger to the boat. I plan to start fishing the Colorado river the weekend of February 5th, I greatly need help on selecting a body of water / launch site / city to begin with. I was thinking of taking the easy route and just starting out with Blythe off the 10, due to the proximity, but I hear that the catching is really slow right now, therefore I have opted for the longer drive off the 40 up near Arazona / Navada, but I have seen soooooooo many choices and having no experience with this type of fishing, I am at a loss as to where my best chance of getting bit will be. I understand that no matter where I end up at, it is fishing and not catching, and that GREAT deal is in the skill, knowledge, and equipment. Of the 3 @ least I have 1 of them (the equipment) even though I don't yet know how to use it all, if I can just get to where the fish are biting, I am confident that I can get a few to fall prey to my hook.
    Now if I can get some solid up to date leads on where to start next week I will be in shape to give it a go!
    Really could use a hand here...

Did you get my PM?
    Start at London Bridge and fish 2-3 miles up stream and down from there.

your best bet would be to hire a guide that fishes lake you want to fish on. or arrive a day early and hit local bait shops and talk to them. freind who lives in havesu says its been slow there but he's been catching them on live shad,crankbaits, and topwater lures. good luck

No, no PM, but, thanks. Where is "London Bridge"? Off the 40? How do I get there, like what city Am I going to?
    Remember, I have never been out there, I have been to "State line & Los Vegas" 15 years ago, but that is the extent of my travels in that area, other than San Diego area, and limited parts of Northern California, I have been based around the inland empire all my life. I will open up my messages and see why I did not get yours.
    Planning to go to "London Bridge" next Friday morning and check the area out. Will post my results!

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    No, no PM, but, thanks. Where is "London Bridge"? Off the 40? How do I get there, like what city Am I going to?
    Remember, I have never been out there, I have been to "State line & Los Vegas" 15 years ago, but that is the extent of my travels in that area, other than San Diego area, and limited parts of Northern California, I have been based around the inland empire all my life. I will open up my messages and see why I did not get yours.
    Planning to go to "London Bridge" next Friday morning and check the area out. Will post my results!
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=london+bridge

Off the 95 in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
    I resent the PM. Obviously the bass show on Havasu was last week, so you missed it. Maybe if Bass Fever has a website you can watch the episode.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 01-28-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks, and yes, actually I did receive your PM, Unfortunately I am not as literate as I need to be on this site. My plan is to give my first debut a go at "Katherienes Landing" next Friday, I have read about so many choices and decided to start there for my first try, I will then venture out to other lakes and coves in the area of the River week to week, I expect to be pretty regular to the area over the coarse of the next year. The Times that I can get away for two to three days at a tie it will be to the river, other short trips will be to silverwood and parris. Got to up y game! I have invested quite a little bit of $ into this sport and want to get the best out of it as I can. The river seems to have so any more opportunities, hoping that I am not fooling myself with too high of expectations!
    Any thoughts???