Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pudd 1/22/16 (Late Report)

Default Pudd 1/22/16 (Late Report)

It's a late report because there isn't much to report. Fished the lake with Ghettobasster on our yaks for nada, and I think my fish finder dying a hour into the trip didn't help either. Anyways, we fished probably 2/3rds of the lake launching poppers, rattle-traps, and jigging spoons for a reaction bite. We then switched over to the T-rig and D/S for a finesse bite. Alas, nothing wanted to play. The lake was 55 degrees in the shallows if I recall correctly. I marked what appeared to be fish in the deeper sections, but saw no signs of life in the shallows. Long story short, if you're a shore guy you may want to pass on trying for bass at the moment unless there's a trout stock. I did see what I believe to be one bass landed by a guy on a boat in deep water, probably on plastics. Any who, hope this helps for anyone trying to get a winter bite.

-IF2L

You may have been skunked, but while your back was turned for a minute, I C&Rd at least five 5lb LMBs.

Thanks for the report,that lake always seems slow around this time of year,starts to pick up late Febuary on,the only consistent bite I ever got there was on plastics,grub,chiggercraws,4-8"worms,purple flake,green weenie,green pumpkin.
    Other bass fisherman are a lot more proficient than I and catch them on many types of baits,I always regress to plastics,all year and just do ok.

Cya Tuna Vic

Little warm up we have could bring a few bass shallow be Wed. or Thur.
    Last edited by dday07; 01-25-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    You may have been skunked, but while your back was turned for a minute, I C&Rd at least five 5lb LMBs.
    I find that simply amazing.... 5 @ 5 lbs each!!???

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    I find that simply amazing.... 5 @ 5 lbs each!!???
    LOL! Yes! I wish I had the pics to prove it, but my dog ate my phone. Seriously though, it was so calm and slow that I almost fell asleep in my yak.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    You must of caught them on nightcrawlers. No one catches fish this time of year anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Thanks for the report,that lake always seems slow around this time of year,starts to pick up late Febuary on,the only consistent bite I ever got there was on plastics,grub,chiggercraws,4-8"worms,purple flake,green weenie,green pumpkin.
    Other bass fisherman are a lot more proficient than I and catch them on many types of baits,I always regress to plastics,all year and just do ok.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Hmmm... good to know. I can't justify the 10 dollar entry fee later in the season so I may not try again until the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by dday07 View Post
    Little warm up we have could bring a few bass shallow be Wed. or Thur.
    Maybe. The lake sure does look good from a boat.

Anyone know of an issue with the lake a few years ago? Something about the fish dying for whatever reason? The last time I was there (sometime in Nov 2015) I saw dead shad everywhere on the shore along with bass and catfish. I definitely noticed that the bite is dead on bass.

Just park in the ride share lot next to the freeway on ramp,and then you can ride a bike in or walk,that's how we used to roll!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast