Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much longer??

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    Kwin,

Thank you for providing this information. I was of the opinion that the Delta Smelt were the reason the pumps were not turned on during the dry period.
    regardless of whether the pumps are on to pump water south or not, freshwater is necessary to offset the tidal push of seawater inland. with an increasing sea level, more water is needed to off set the additional tidal push. proof of this is anglers are now catching halibut and other predominately saltwater species in franks tract, which is ordinarily more fresh water than brackish...until relatively recently. the tide is coming in higher than it has in the past and there is less water falling out of the sky and banked in our reservoirs to combat the inflow. combine that with federal mandates to protect things like delta smelt and winter run Chinook etc and the shell game of how much water is released and from where gets more complicated. combine that with the "need" for water down south for humanity and/or agriculture with water right claims and things get even more interesting.

This all just sounds like more State mandated BULLSH%T. How many hours of schooling does it take to tell outright scientific lies to the general public. Maybe it's time to speak up and not be followers of what every State Employee feeds us over the net.

FED UP

Dsrttortise

Water may be on the way.
    Aqueduct starts filling tomorrow since the repairs are completed. They have to fill the repaired section slowly to prevent damage. Probably 5 days or so and then it's balls out.

Higher flows than we've seen in years 3000 cfs. DVL may finally receive some water.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Water may be on the way.
    Aqueduct starts filling tomorrow since the repairs are completed. They have to fill the repaired section slowly to prevent damage. Probably 5 days or so and then it's balls out.

Higher flows than we've seen in years 3000 cfs. DVL may finally receive some water.
    Don't tease me like that....

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Climate change.
    http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...-for-58-years/

the lake dropped about 3 more feet last week.

Wow. Just wow. The paper this blogger cited from 1978 was co-authored by Jim Angell, who is a pioneer in climate science and has authored many, many papers since then showing that climate change is a real thing.

First off, it turned out that the data cited in that one paper used faulty measuring stations in the tropics. Apparently the design of those early stations couldn't handle the environmental conditions in the area.

But that doesn't really matter. Who cares. What I find particularly galling is that this blogger KNOWS this, and chooses to cherry-pick this ONE paper over all the rest published since then by the same author to make his point.

It is one thing to debate the data -- I was a climate change skeptic for many, many years, so I get it. That's how the scientific process should work - examine the hypothesis and try to prove or refute it. But what this blogger is doing is downright fraud, and since he knows it, that to me is just evil of the worst kind.

Climate change is real. It just is. Even the Republican party admits it. What you're really trying to disprove is anthropogenic (man-made) global warming. There's still debate and critical thinking that can be done in that area, but frankly, nutjobs like this blogger (and the wackos that commented on that post) are undermining your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    the lake dropped about 3 more feet last week.
    Not sure about those numbers, I was sight fishing last week for fish in 3+ feet. Went back yesterday and the beds are probably 2 feet out of the water from shore. The lady at the marina also said they lost 6 feet within the week.

A drop in three feet would cut off access to the quarry for sure since it was barely two to three feet of prop clearance (maybe less in spots) to get in there a few weeks ago. Drop the lake six feet....ughhhhhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    A drop in three feet would cut off access to the quarry for sure since it was barely two to three feet of prop clearance (maybe less in spots) to get in there a few weeks ago. Drop the lake six feet....ughhhhhhh!!!
    In another forum there was talk that the quarry is not accessible. I'll be there Wednesday with a boat rental I'll confirm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast