Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much longer??

Default How much longer??

Well El Nino sure hasn't been what was expected of it has it?? I wonder if the water from up north will trickle its way down here anytime soon. In other words does anybody have any idea when we will be able to launch our own boats again!!!!!

Dsrtortise

Hasn't rained much down here, that's for sure, but Northern California has been getting good rain pretty much non-stop for the past month.

Since Christmas, Trinity Lake is up 19 feet, Shasta is up 36 feet, Oroville is up 41 feet. Even Don Pedro, further down the chain but feeds Castaic directly, is up 12 feet. And the Northern/Central Sierra snowpack is about 120% of normal. Got a couple of months more to go, hope it keeps coming! We need a slight southern shift to keep our trees green down here.

About 15 feet of water to come up a 45 degree angle..............

I read an article last week because I was curious about when this rain was supposed to be here. It basically said that most el ninos have a dry January and come February the rain starts and goes through May pretty heavily. It also said the there is a 95% chance this year is gonna be El Niņo like rains.

I'm still waiting!!!

Dsrtortse

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrt Tortise View Post
    I'm still waiting!!!

Dsrtortse
    You'll be waiting for a while! No rain in so cal expected until at least March. February will turn out to be the hottest, dryest February ever recorded in LA. January 2016 was not only the warmest January world-wide, but also had the largest temp deviation of ANY month, ever. Breaking the record set all the way back in ... December 2015. Next biggest was October 2015, then November 2015....

It will probably still rain in March and April, and No./Central California are still doing okay, but any hopes of this drought ending this year are long gone.

Well the guru's that manage the water in the state are doing a bang up job. During the January flooding and heavy rains in the north the pumps were down for maintenance and that water went to the ocean. The duct is being repaired in Kern Co and won't be back up until March. The stupidity is overwelming. Then we have this little diddy.http://www.govtech.com/fs/Water-Rele...Revisions.html

It's killing me. Bought a new boat in Nov and with all this El Niņo talk, was hoping I'd get to jam around DVL this spring and use all the fancy electronic do dads and whatnot. Looks like I may just have to keep turning left on Perris like it's the Perris 250.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 02-19-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Climate change.
    Better sell your bicycle, when you breath too hard you're exhaling too much carbon dioxide...

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/c...ve-lasted-more

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast