Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear Lake info??

Default Big Bear Lake info??

Heading out with the fam for a 3 day weekend and i cant resist to do some mountain fishing
    Any regulars out there know if the lake is completely iced up or if there is any access to fishing ??
    Any information would be nice

I usually check out some various cams to see how it is up there. It still looks very frozen =( I've had the itch to fish there and the whole lake has been solid for a while now.

http://www.bigbearshoresrv.com/ - check the waterfront cam
    http://www.bigbearlakewebcams.com/#BBC_WebCam - Boulder Bay Chalet cam

Don't bother trout fishing there lol. Go for bass or carp. Probably a good idea to go to Green Valley instead, but like vonfranko said its all ice right now.

Thanks for the info guys
    Lake looks completely frozen. Which looks beautiful but not for fishing haha
    i will probably take the drive down the Santa ana river and try some stream trout

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Thanks for the info guys
    Lake looks completely frozen. Which looks beautiful but not for fishing haha
    i will probably take the drive down the Santa ana river and try some stream trout
    Yeah, that stretch on Seven Oaks rocks.

I was up there yesterday at a house that is being built on Gilner Point, from there it sure looks like Grout Bay has open water.

Thanks for the info Guys i truly appreciate it and i will take my fishing gear just in case!!
    tight lines

Awesome info, please update this with anything you find and a report. I am heading up there this Sunday and Monday to try my luck and get some snow time in. I saw a YouTube video posted yesterday with droid footage. It looked like there was a big open patch by the dam too. (You can see I've gotten prett desperate for a report)

Good luck up there!
    Last edited by Kesepton; 01-21-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Thank you guys so much for the information and i will definitely keep you guys posted the same day i get there
    Tight Lines

Whatever you do...don't go out on the ice to fish. Makes the rangers at buoy lines look like hostesses. They've already had a number of rescues through the ice this season,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast