Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Absolute TOAD PB Calico! + Exotic surf species! 1/18

Default Absolute TOAD PB Calico! + Exotic surf species! 1/18

A friend had hit me up and was feeling the urge to fish. I We were fishing by 10:30 pm. I had changed my mind twice because of conditions! Waves were pounding although the first cast yielded a bat around 36-40". I Forgot how good they fight.

The tide was dropping quick and it began to sprinkle lightly. I had another take... Put the reel in gear and reeled up on the circle hoo. I had the drag hammered down. more than i wanted to. Felt like a small yellow tail. I had called it being a huge calico as i was bring it up. This was redemption for the other tank i lost a few weeks ago.

25-26"

Also got this exotic surf rattlesnake the previous session about 2 weeks ago. Stoked on this little surf sculpin aswell.

Now time to get one on a light light this big. Thanks for reading everyone and best of luck out there. Lets put in work this year and catch a lot of fish

I'm normally asleep by that time of night (I get up early) ... but it's great to hear that you're out there slaying em in the moon light surf!
    Congrat's on your new PB checker side and NS from the surf.

Nice report Sir!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 01-21-2016 at 08:09 AM. Reason: sp

BEAST of a Calico, WTG and congrats, good stuff!!

Toad indeed! That would be considered a sweet catch in a skiff sitting in 80' of water,from the surf awesome,congrats!

Cya Tuna Vic

wow, dude... you are livin' the dream!

Very nice Calico Sean.
    Congrats on a beauty.
    How about a rough weight?!?
    Robert
    <><

Beautiful fish! Awesome job

Thumbs up

Sweet catch Sean...
    I haven't even hit the surf this year yet... soon.

Nice Calico, excuse the noobness of my question, however, what is a Pb Checker? Is PB( pizmo beach) the location? I would also love to catch calico here in socal any location tips from surf or rock ledge would be great.
    Thanks.