Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laguna niguel?

Default Laguna niguel?

Did anybody fish today or yesterday to confirm a stock. Weather is too bad to take the nephew on a half day and this is a cool place for a kid. Thanks for any help

Default Fun place to fish

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Did anybody fish today or yesterday to confirm a stock. Weather is too bad to take the nephew on a half day and this is a cool place for a kid. Thanks for any help
    Check out the OC Parks news section to get more stocking info. From what i was told last week the stock will be tomorrow (Wednesday). I call every other day because the stocking company is known to cancel without any notice. This place has been good to us lately, we have not been skunked here any time we have come to fish. I prefer to fish in zone 1 by the old concession stand. Check out this video of my son catching a fish there in zone 1, I am sure your kiddo would love the lake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55S0Qb0e3kM

Oh yah I ask bc I was really sad to see the lake go. Not enough people knew that lake it its heyday, 30-40 fish days

Oh yah I ask bc I was really sad to see the lake go. Not enough people knew that lake it its heyday, 30-40 fish days
    I too will miss this place badly!!!! I find it interesting that you thought that not enough people knew you could catch 30-40 fish legally a day in there. So I looked up the FNN record on how many fish reports were written in the last 2 years about the place. You are right, only 14 people ever bothered to write up a fish report about how great Laguna Niguel lake really is!!! If you take out the 1 person who wrote 3 fish reports. A pair of anglers who will remain anonymous, (I bet you could guess who they were) wrote as many fish reports about LNL as every else combined. lol

My buddy went today and was fishing as they stocked. He said his daughter caught one nice trout right after they went in.

I love the lake now, the cost before was way too prohibitive. It's a real bummer about shore fishing only though, I mainly bass fish and the access can be tough. I'll probably check it out tomorrow and throw some swimbaits.

I wouldn't even bother with the swimbaits especially if they are a little pricey. Was there today and left at 10 before they stocked bc it was more than slow. Lots of floating **** to get hung up on and not many areas where it isn't so you can get a clean cast

My buddy's had their limits by 2:00 pm today!!!! Their going back tomorrow, if it's any good I'll hit it myself Friday. (I'll write a full report if it's any good) lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-20-2016 at 06:51 PM.

That's bc they caught all newly stocked fish. There was only 3 fish caught on entire lake by 10 and that's a fact

That's bc they caught all newly stocked fish. There was only 3 fish caught on entire lake by 10 and that's a fact
    Ok let's do some Math!!! The Truck came at 12:00 pm by 2:00 pm they were done!!!! Yes they were new fish, that's why the fishing got better!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-20-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Can't do math with that noon number missing, I just saw limits by 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast