Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: River Launch 411 planning a March Trip

Default River Launch 411 planning a March Trip

FNN,

Looking to launch from either Katherine's landing, Cottonwood, or Willow in March. Meeting up with my brother coming on in from Cape Cod MA
    to thaw out and were going for the stripes. Were planning to park/troll from launch to launch but are not sure of the distances between those marina's. Any info/recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Well I too am looking for info, I am thinking of fishing there in March as well, perhaps we can hook up and tag team the stripers in both boats, I'm working on getting one of my friends to commit as well, but if no one can make it, I'm gonna just have to go it alone! Been thinking of doing this for over a year now, can't put it off any longer! I hope to get a couple of days in at Katherienes landing next weekend.
    I put out a post after every trip (almost every trip anyways) watch for my post here in a couple of weeks, I will give an account of my adventure!

Good luck next week at Lake Mohave- hope you get into some action. I've received a few P.M's from some FNN folks. My plans for now are mid March to launch from either of the 3 areas I had in mind. I'll keep in touch with you via P.M

Thanks.

Cool, I will be waiting, presuming that your post was intended for me.(I did not start the post, so not sure who your reply was intended for).

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Cool, I will be waiting, presuming that your post was intended for me.(I did not start the post, so not sure who your reply was intended for).
    I'll send you a P.M

Default River Trip

Dawg,

Remember it's a long ride over to Cottonwood or Katherines Landing. Make sure that your trailer is in tip top condition, tires and bearings. The roads by the River are pretty crappy so be careful. I'd gear up for Willow Beach they have a brand new marina.

Dsrttortise
    Last edited by Dsrt Tortise; 02-19-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks trailer and boat are 6 months old. Thinking about Blyth for the next trip. Any info there?

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    FNN,

Looking to launch from either Katherine's landing, Cottonwood, or Willow in March. Meeting up with my brother coming on in from Cape Cod MA
    to thaw out and were going for the stripes. Were planning to park/troll from launch to launch but are not sure of the distances between those marina's. Any info/recommendations appreciated.

Thanks
    The daug and I just got done doing this trip there. PM me so we can chat. I'll hopefully soon post a little something about the trip. Your are going at start of season which should be good!
    ---Mike

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    The daug and I just got done doing this trip there. PM me so we can chat. I'll hopefully soon post a little something about the trip. Your are going at start of season which should be good!
    ---Mike
    Thx, looking forward to getting out and head for the River- Driving up early 05March to pickup my bro in Bullhead. If the north winds are kicking arse on Mojave I'll be launching out of Willow on Sunday. I'll send you a couple PM's soon.

Never heard about your trip, how was it? I'm really thinking hard about hittin it this weekend, not sure what to expect?