Yup, you read correctly, I got kicked out of the park today! I was at the buey line with another boat today fishin for the schoolie stripers, and the ranger rolled up on us, called me out towards the middle, asked for my drivers license, fishing license, and boat registration. I got all that ready and he then asked for my fire extinguisher, I had to fumble around to get it out, (having never taken it out before), he said " I don't want to be too hard on you, but it is supposed to be within easy reach" I could have tried to argue the point that if was within easy enough reach, and that I simply had a hard time pulling it out of the bracket, (pulled it out without unclipping the harness, didn't know any better) but I just said "okay officer." He then gave me a choice, either get a ticket or leave the lake.
So What did I do?
I said, "why thank you officer, I will leave now!"
So there is another day in the books for me and "The Wood". The last thing that he said to me was "I'm taking down your CF#, and if I catch you again tied to the buey, I will give you a fine...
Wow, now that really sucks, cause stripers @ the wood seem to be the only game in town right now, and the buey line was just about the only sure place to catch them...
Well, now I'm thinkin of giving skinner a try. I need to figure the river out, seems like that would be a good place to get a bend in my rod! Consistently!
As for the down rigger, I'm thinkin that would just increase my chances @ the wood, especially since the buey line is WAY OFF LIMITS. Silverwood and pyramid are the 2 lakes that are deep enough to need a downrigger on, and the Digi-troll boasts "bottom tracking, & auto retrieve" as I am often alone, I am concerned about getting hooked up, stopping the boat AND getting my ball up without having a crisis!
Well I suspect that it will be a little while till I post about my adventures at the wood for a little while at least, that is unless I figure out another way to keep from getting SKUNKED & staying OFF THE BUEY LINE which, incidentally, I have no intention of ever doing again, (the buey line that is) as for the skunk, thanks to my LAST TIME @ THE BUEY LINE... I was able to get 5 stripers. My wife did ask "why are you home so early", to which I sheepishly replied...............