Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 86'ed from the wood today!

TO has his own boat that you'll be using. never fished or met with him, but seen him a few times at castaic. i'm pretty confident in his ability to teach you what you need to know as fr as stripers go. i'm sure he's good at the green carp too. call him on his ph # or private message him. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ..to elevate youre game ,you have to get past baitfishing ........it has its time during the year .......more rounded you need to be.........
    So certain are you, T/O?

Tie off on those lines and they can break, see the bouy line at the towers that was busted a while back. Others push the bouy lines with their boats to get closer to the hot spots. Lot's of reasons to have those areas off limits but abuse of just about every rule the last few years have the rangers more stringent than years past and you have gotten caught up in it, sorry about that. Many will talk crap about the rangers doing the job they are tasked to do but the lack of respect for all rules has resulted in this crack down, some are their own worst enemies. Instead of having a little respect and only entering off limits areas during night sessions the legions of simwbaiters the last several years that basically line up all day long in the off limits areas have contributed to this and other crack downs.

Use to have a kind of respectful agreement between rangers and locals where more likely than not no ticket would be issued just a warning, that doesn't work when the word gets out and everybody is out there all day long doing the same thing. It's a bummer but you can still catch fish, you don't have to break laws just have to work a little harder.
    Last edited by seal; 01-19-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Yup, well I for one will not be doing that again, and yes, I do see several boats tied up there every day that I have been there. Going to try to get a lesson from "TO" so that I can up my game plan, and stop relying on bait fishing. Went to Parris to see if the bite was any better, threw a "Bass Patrol" jig for a couple of hours and nothing.
    Just for the record... I did not "Bad mouth" the Ranger, I fully accept that my behavior had consequences! All behaviour has consequences, good or bad.
    All that I can do is accepted things and drive on!
    I'm still passionate about fishing, and will just put in more time, money, and effort to get better at it!

good luck! have fun... mix it up...

That's one big plus to trolling, never having to worry about tying up to anything!
    At least the rangers at the Wood look like rangers. At DVL a few years back, the I/O tower was the hotspot for bait fishing. There were boats tied up bow to stern all the way from the shore around the corner. After being tied up myself for a little while, I got nervous and cut loose, giving up my spot and trying to get an anchor to stick in the 150' of water. Oh it stuck alright--I couldn't get it out! Had to lose it. But while I was anchored, a 14' rental boat with one guy and some rods came rolling up, after looking like he was finding a spot he liked, he shot over the buoy line and started writing down CF #'s and handing out tickets! No warning or lectures, just a quick cash grab. After seeing that, I haven't tried tying up to a buoy line anywhere since. It can be especially dangerous at Skinner if the inlet is running, that water can get really rippin' and could sink your boat. Talk about a bad day!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    That's one big plus to trolling, never having to worry about tying up to anything!
    At least the rangers at the Wood look like rangers. At DVL a few years back, the I/O tower was the hotspot for bait fishing. There were boats tied up bow to stern all the way from the shore around the corner. After being tied up myself for a little while, I got nervous and cut loose, giving up my spot and trying to get an anchor to stick in the 150' of water. Oh it stuck alright--I couldn't get it out! Had to lose it. But while I was anchored, a 14' rental boat with one guy and some rods came rolling up, after looking like he was finding a spot he liked, he shot over the buoy line and started writing down CF #'s and handing out tickets! No warning or lectures, just a quick cash grab. After seeing that, I haven't tried tying up to a buoy line anywhere since. It can be especially dangerous at Skinner if the inlet is running, that water can get really rippin' and could sink your boat. Talk about a bad day!
    The buoy line at the inlet @ Skinner is gone, probably just for that reason...

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    The buoy line at the inlet @ Skinner is gone, probably just for that reason...
    The bouy is gone and so are the fish.
    Take your skunk remover.

Quote Originally Posted by Askwhy View Post
    The bouy is gone and so are the fish.
    Take your skunk remover.
    Stripey was nonexistent but we did pretty good finessing the newly flooded Tule lines and brush for LMB last Tuesday...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-19-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ..to elevate youre game ,you have to get past baitfishing ........it has its time during the year .......more rounded you need to be.........

"Do or do not....their is no try.............T.O.". "Smack you upside the head with a carp I shall if you don't come back to DVL and slay like old times you shall"
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 01-20-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast