Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 86'ed from the wood today!

Default 86'ed from the wood today!

Yup, you read correctly, I got kicked out of the park today! I was at the buey line with another boat today fishin for the schoolie stripers, and the ranger rolled up on us, called me out towards the middle, asked for my drivers license, fishing license, and boat registration. I got all that ready and he then asked for my fire extinguisher, I had to fumble around to get it out, (having never taken it out before), he said " I don't want to be too hard on you, but it is supposed to be within easy reach" I could have tried to argue the point that if was within easy enough reach, and that I simply had a hard time pulling it out of the bracket, (pulled it out without unclipping the harness, didn't know any better) but I just said "okay officer." He then gave me a choice, either get a ticket or leave the lake.
    So What did I do?
    I said, "why thank you officer, I will leave now!"
    So there is another day in the books for me and "The Wood". The last thing that he said to me was "I'm taking down your CF#, and if I catch you again tied to the buey, I will give you a fine...
    Wow, now that really sucks, cause stripers @ the wood seem to be the only game in town right now, and the buey line was just about the only sure place to catch them...
    Well, now I'm thinkin of giving skinner a try. I need to figure the river out, seems like that would be a good place to get a bend in my rod! Consistently!
    As for the down rigger, I'm thinkin that would just increase my chances @ the wood, especially since the buey line is WAY OFF LIMITS. Silverwood and pyramid are the 2 lakes that are deep enough to need a downrigger on, and the Digi-troll boasts "bottom tracking, & auto retrieve" as I am often alone, I am concerned about getting hooked up, stopping the boat AND getting my ball up without having a crisis!
    Well I suspect that it will be a little while till I post about my adventures at the wood for a little while at least, that is unless I figure out another way to keep from getting SKUNKED & staying OFF THE BUEY LINE which, incidentally, I have no intention of ever doing again, (the buey line that is) as for the skunk, thanks to my LAST TIME @ THE BUEY LINE... I was able to get 5 stripers. My wife did ask "why are you home so early", to which I sheepishly replied...............

Don't get caught on the Buoy line at Skinner ether.

Have no fear, I don't plan to, anywhere, anytime! Got enough problems without adding any more!

The inlet, the spillway, and the towers. 3 best places for striper at silverwood and all 3 are off limits to boat and by shore. In my opinion having them off limits is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    The inlet, the spillway, and the towers. 3 best places for striper at silverwood and all 3 are off limits to boat and by shore. In my opinion having them off limits is pointless
    Agreed!!! I bet those rangers go out after hours and fish those areas all the time breaking the rules. LOL

Wait, were you tied off to the buoy line? If not, then what law were you breaking? I assume you paid money for the right to fish on that lake and if you weren't tied to the buoy line and your vessel was on the legal side of said buoy line then why would you be given the option of leaving or being cited. And cited for what? WTF, sounds like the rangers up there are more like a Gestapo. If all your required safety and registration requirements were met, and you weren't tied to the buoy line then it sounds more like harassment.

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Yup, you read correctly, I got kicked out of the park today! I was at the buey line with another boat today fishin for the schoolie stripers, and the ranger rolled up on us, called me out towards the middle, asked for my drivers license, fishing license, and boat registration. I got all that ready and he then asked for my fire extinguisher, I had to fumble around to get it out, (having never taken it out before), he said " I don't want to be too hard on you, but it is supposed to be within easy reach" I could have tried to argue the point that if was within easy enough reach, and that I simply had a hard time pulling it out of the bracket, (pulled it out without unclipping the harness, didn't know any better) but I just said "okay officer." He then gave me a choice, either get a ticket or leave the lake.
    So What did I do?
    I said, "why thank you officer, I will leave now!"
    So there is another day in the books for me and "The Wood". The last thing that he said to me was "I'm taking down your CF#, and if I catch you again tied to the buey, I will give you a fine...
    Wow, now that really sucks, cause stripers @ the wood seem to be the only game in town right now, and the buey line was just about the only sure place to catch them...
    Well, now I'm thinkin of giving skinner a try. I need to figure the river out, seems like that would be a good place to get a bend in my rod! Consistently!
    As for the down rigger, I'm thinkin that would just increase my chances @ the wood, especially since the buey line is WAY OFF LIMITS. Silverwood and pyramid are the 2 lakes that are deep enough to need a downrigger on, and the Digi-troll boasts "bottom tracking, & auto retrieve" as I am often alone, I am concerned about getting hooked up, stopping the boat AND getting my ball up without having a crisis!
    Well I suspect that it will be a little while till I post about my adventures at the wood for a little while at least, that is unless I figure out another way to keep from getting SKUNKED & staying OFF THE BUEY LINE which, incidentally, I have no intention of ever doing again, (the buey line that is) as for the skunk, thanks to my LAST TIME @ THE BUEY LINE... I was able to get 5 stripers. My wife did ask "why are you home so early", to which I sheepishly replied...............
    If you do come out to skinner make sure you bring your skunk remover it's been really bad out here.
    As for the bouy your not suppose to tie up to it at skinner as we'll but the rangers at skinner act like rangers and not cops . Good luck.

..to elevate youre game ,you have to get past baitfishing ........it has its time during the year .......more rounded you need to be.........

No unfortunately, I was "bungeed" to the line. My fault, but unfortunately, that is the only place on the lake with a consistent bite. Well hopefully a trip with "TO" will help, I also have 2 box anchors, so I suppose that I can become stable close enough to the line to make a day of it.

Ready for your services as soon as you are.
    Let me know what your availability and prices are. Don't know how important having my down rigger installed will be for your services, but please let me know! Desperately need to up my game!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast