Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 86'ed from the wood today!

why bother even tying up to the buoy line. On occasion Ill see guys completely crossed over into the "Sweet water". Now if that wont get you a ticket im not sure what will

you mean we can't tie off to the place we're not supposed to tie off on!?

damn communists in this state.

you know who i'm blaming...

Well I have tried to hire T/O, left messages, but no reply...
    Fished parris on Monday, nothing biting or metering! Probably gonna go back to the wood this weekend and give it another go.
    Yeah, and no tying to the boey line for me... I may be one of the slower learners, but I still learn!
    Been messing with the fishfinders, got the DVD from "Doctorsonar" hope that helps improve my game, also ordered the "Digi-troll" just waiting on the mail and then the installation. Topped for a new digital tach for my boat to troll slower. Can't get below 3.45 mph, too fast. BPS said that a different tach or prop were my best options, therefore the new tach, supposed to drop my TOM's to 4 from 7.5. Figure that should allow the boat to go as slow as 2 MPH. Hoping to fish the river soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Well I have tried to hire T/O, left messages, but no reply...
    Fished parris on Monday, nothing biting or metering! Probably gonna go back to the wood this weekend and give it another go.
    Yeah, and no tying to the boey line for me... I may be one of the slower learners, but I still learn!
    Been messing with the fishfinders, got the DVD from "Doctorsonar" hope that helps improve my game, also ordered the "Digi-troll" just waiting on the mail and then the installation. Topped for a new digital tach for my boat to troll slower. Can't get below 3.45 mph, too fast. BPS said that a different tach or prop were my best options, therefore the new tach, supposed to drop my TOM's to 4 from 7.5. Figure that should allow the boat to go as slow as 2 MPH. Hoping to fish the river soon as well.
    one tip is you can pitch your motor upwards a bit so the thrust is towards the surface... this should slow you down just a tad

Default DownRigger

Dog you really don't need to put a downrigger onto your boat. It is just a added expense that you will find boring to use on these lakes. You should learn to use your electronics perfectly instead of dragging a weight deep behind you . The fish you target are rarely so deep that you need that contraption. The thing looks great on your boat but I will bet You will grow bored and frustrated with it after less than three months.

Dsrtrtise

Well, I am sure that you will be proven to be right. I have one on my other boat, and I only used it twice, but the excuse that I used on myself, was that I didn't use it because it was Manuel. This new one is electronic...

Wow. I use my manual downrigger a fair amount. I've caught plenty of stripers at the 35-50 foot range that I would have missed for sure trolling the urig in normal fashion. There is a learning curve for sure, but it is a valuable tool in certain situations.

Thanks all for the info... Boat goes in the shop tomorrow morning, once they finish with it I'm gonna troll for stripers at the wood using my new AC plugs, I bought the "floating model" didn't think about it till after I had already placed the orders, actually I'm not even sure if there was a choice. I want to get a few of the "Hand made" ones, but there are several different models and colors. Any advise? I am also wanting to give "Katherienes landing" a shot as well as "willow beach" having never done it yet, I am a little intimidated to say the least. Soon I am just going to have to make a weekend of it and get my feet wet. What would be the ideal time and place for my first time? Running low on patience (as usual) thinking that I want to try it real soon, I expect parris to pick up soon, and then I will be torn between the sure bite with the short drive for the LMB @ parris, or the larger fish and variety with the long drive to the river. In a quote "time is ticking, and I don't know how many more months / years I have left"...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123