Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Ol' SWAT Guy's New Year Rings In ZzzzZzzzZzzz

Default This Ol' SWAT Guy's New Year Rings In ZzzzZzzzZzzz

1st AO, I started my day off with a 3.5 mile exercise hike in search of this season's 1st Halibut that lasted 4.5-hours .... I was in the water at 0610 hrs and never received a bite but I did get to witness a great sunrise worth the hike!

I went home and made myself some breakfast and got ready to head back out for the afternoon incoming HT.

I arrived at today's 2nd AO at 2:00PM and in the first 5 minutes of working the drop shot ..... I feel a THUD, I let it take my bait down to the bottom and waited for him to chew on it a bit ... and then set the hook! .... and my reel goes ZzzzZzzzZzzz!!!!, I could feel it's weight and I knew this one had BIG shoulders! My first legal Halibut of 2016 was on the sand.

I lost one there just yesterday, the hooked popped free at the sand's edge and it slid back into the beach trench.
    Remembering this, I was determined to get this one all the way up on the sand .... mission accomplished!!

He deep tongue-hooked himself .... so I broke out the Bogga Grip to control him during the surgery. (hook extraction)

And a short while later I landed this short 17" Hali.

Thank you for checking out my fish report.

SP Dan <"))><

PS ... Both fish were CPR'd as quickly as possible.

A parting shot.
    Last edited by SP Dan; 01-02-2016 at 06:41 PM. Reason: sp

Awesome start to the New Year Danimal.....First legal I've seen caught in the fishing community of 2016. Keep up the great work out there soldier!
    Ya got about one more day before the winter is gonna slam us brotha so get'em while ya can!

My brother Dan:

You have worked it "good" these vacation days and come close for sure. But now the payoff I'm very happy for you especially now that you've been rewarded handsomely and can return to work vindicated

One more day to go - go make it a Twofer!!!

Take care my friend,

Nick

Congrats sir ! Beautiful way to start 2016!

U Da Man Danimal...

Only took 24 hours for a 24" to hit the sand in 2016.................awesome!!!

Looks like you had a great start to the new year also. Congrats!!

Way to stick it to da fish!
    You accomplished your short term goal rather quickly.
    Down South it looks like a certain AO may be receiving some ghostly visitors soon....time will tell though.
    Thanks for sharing Brotha,
    Robert
    <><

Now that's the way to get the most out of that new fishing license,very nice report,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Dan

Congrats on your first legal Halibut brother and thanks for your report!

Ram

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast