Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Msp

Default Msp

Went out yesterday and dead slow. Probably due to all the snagging going on. Lately there has been a lot of snagging fish activity going on here. The rangers and DFW have been notified. While I was there yesterday, I witnessed a young couple literally walking the whole lake a few times with treble hooks on their line snagging the fish and then kicking them back into the lake. Serious, WTF is up with that. Luckily I held my temper in or else he would have gone in with the fish (and by no means, I ain't no small, weak individual). I reported it to the ranger and the ranger did call me back later and told me that he did stop this couple while they were exiting the park. The ranger told me to call Caltips and report it as well. The clarity is getting a little better but still poor. There were a bunch of DFW stockers dead around the lake. The couple of tailwalkers I did see cruising around looked sick and beat up. The other day I did catch a couple stockers with red bumps/disease on the side. I would prefer the DFW to not stock MSP until the water condition gets better or else it's just a waste of fish. With that said, it always feels good to get out and fish regardless of the lack of catching though. As for the snaggers, you know who you are and it will eventually catch up to you. If you can't make the fish bite and have to resort to snagging, it's probably best you get your fish at the market.

Go get em.

Dang, thanks for the report. Very unfortunate people have to resort to snagging to catch em. I do hope the water gets treated. I don't even remember the last time I saw mile square park with more than 3 inches of visibility. I really enjoy fishing there, just wish it was taken care of. I hope the bass population don't take an even bigger hit :|

I was there on Saturday and I saw tons of dead trout and some very sick looking bass as well. Overall we got skunked and I'm not coming back to this lake until the water clarity is addressed and the snaggers go bye bye.

Yeah the lake has turned over bad compared to last season. Just sucks because it's local to me and it's a place I can get away, relax and catch some fish. Called the office and looks like it's the same with the stocking being cancelled for this week. Which in my opinion is a good thing. Why stock a lake that has very poor water conditions that could and has resulted in dead fish. Just sad to see a nice small local pond taking a hit like this. Hopefully the lake will get the maintenance it deserves.