Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Oscar Noms

Default Oscar Noms

Why does someone (Don Lemon, CNN) get to say the Oscar Nominees are "Blindingly White"?

And no one says anything?

Ohh, because they are...

How about Asians, Latinos.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

Why does someone (Don Lemon, CNN) get to say the Oscar Nominees are "Blindingly White"?

And no one says anything?

Ohh, because they are...

What the hell does that mean, "blindingly" white? That there are a supposedly disproportionate number of white nominees? Or that their "whiteness" is too much for some people's taste?

I am so glad that I don't have the burden of white guilt or black rage. It saves me from having to appease others with socially acceptable observations and platitudes.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 01-15-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    What the hell does that mean, "blindingly" white? That there are a supposedly disproportionate number of white nominees? Or that their "whiteness" is too much for some people's taste?

I am so glad that I don't have the burden of white guilt or black rage. It saves me from having to appease others with socially acceptable observations and platitudes.

i think he meant like a 750 lumens flashlight shined right in your eyes after sitting around the night time campsite having a shot of makers mark.

you know how that hurts...

then

i just think it's sad that he can get away with that analogy

i believe, it's the disproportionate side based on what he thinks were great movies or actors of other "races?", and he's just pointing it out inappropriately.
    whether he's right or wrong in the observation... who knows. the film industry has it's own quirks too (like me lol).

did ya happen to see the segment on CNN?

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    How about Asians, Latinos.

haven't seen any asians or latinos worthy lately. (been a slow year at movies for me, so i really can't say)

but, they're not complaining and if they do, would it be in the same manner?

I nominate the guy who came onto Ice Cube's bus in the move Straight Outta Compton and gave him a motivational speech.