Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor fishi counts this week...; rockfishing closed

Today HandM landing reported rockfish and lingcod on a half day trip. But other boats are still fishing the coronado islands as well as Puente colonet for yellows and rockfish. These Mexican water trips require passports and Mexican fishing licenses. That being said rockfish can still be had with a pretty good shot at the yellows.

my understanding is that shallow rock fishing is ok, what is actually closed is the depth of fishing that you would normally target rock fish

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    my understanding is that shallow rock fishing is ok, what is actually closed is the depth of fishing that you would normally target rock fish
    I believe the only bottom type fish now open in US waters is Sculpin. All other Rockfish are closed regardless of depth till March 1.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-01-2016 at 05:19 PM.

X2. Sculpin are about it. But that's Ok they are great eating if you can catch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I believe the only bottom type fish now open in US waters is Sculpin. All other Rockfish are closed regardless of depth till March 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12