Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor fishi counts this week...; rockfishing closed

Default Poor fishi counts this week...; rockfishing closed

all counts /boats on the down right now; more anglers than the fish caught..... yellows gone... and who really wants to pay $50 for a barely legal sculpin limit or tiny sand dabs...........; fockfishing closed I heard for the most part??

Fished the patriot half day yesterday for a limit of mixed bass to almost 7lbs and 2 real nice sculpin. Still lots of fish around for those who know

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Fished the patriot half day yesterday for a limit of mixed bass to almost 7lbs and 2 real nice sculpin. Still lots of fish around for those who know
    saw that, but didn't know there were some fatties!! 7lbs is no joke! wish i was hanging on a 7lber ;)

good to hear big huff...im headed out tomorrow, Dana Point.....

Point Loma
    1 Giant Squid 8 Sculpin 2 Perch

H&M Landing
    1 Yellowtail 1 Sheephead 20 Rockfish

Helgren's Oceanside
    65 Sculpin 30 Sand Dab

Dana Wharf
    70 Sculpin

Newport Landing
    10 Calico Bass 21 Sand Bass 5 Sculpin 4 Perch

Redondo
    5 Calico Bass 2 Sand Bass 2 Sculpin 25 Calico Bass Released

Marina Del Rey
    3 Sand Bass 8 Sculpin
    Last edited by BALLERONBUDGET; 01-14-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Yah but sometimes fish counts online are deceiving. 17 people caught 31 bass that trip, probably 6-7 guys caught all the fish. Counting shorts, sheephead and shallow water rockfish I probably caught close to 30 fish. So yes still lots of fish around if one knows what boat to ride or where to fish on their own. Got a cooler shot for you if it'll make you believe

To my knowledge rock fish are out of season until March, so wouldn't those all be catch and release?

Rockfishing isn't closed if your fishing in Mexico's waters

Default Rock Fish Season ends 2-29-16

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    all counts /boats on the down right now; more anglers than the fish caught..... yellows gone... and who really wants to pay $50 for a barely legal sculpin limit or tiny sand dabs...........; fockfishing closed I heard for the most part??
    https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...78&inline=true

depeding on wat county ur fishing...... im assuming most of us here are so.cal.... so if im correct as most most boats/landing... ??? rock fish closed till march 1: Cabazon,whitefish, sheephead. red snapper,etc...

landing counts only show bass,sand dabs sculpin and perch..

pls correct me if im wrong..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast