Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SARL] Is it worth it to try on a weekday?

Quote Originally Posted by Sukaniggasdick View Post
    Fished Santa Ana River lakes Yesterday at Chris' pond all day (6am-4) and got completely skunked. People around me were hooking up now and then but I didn't get ****. As I was leaving one of the staff asked how I did and I told him and he asked where did I fish and I said Chris' pond and told me that's why. Told me Chris' pond is the worst out of the 3 lakes. Might go again soon and when I do, Imma fish the main lake this time and hopefully get my 25$ worth.
    That's part of fishing brother!
    you learn as you go and you get determined on your next outing such as new spots, new lures, baits and etc..

Iv'e been there with my bait rod's out and 0 bites! i usually end up catching my fish on jigs so you have to work for them
    Re cast every 15 minutes and don't be scared to jig

My method is 6am cast out (bait) 5 feet out and as the sun comes out cast a little further

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    I haven't been to SARL in 5 or so years. Used to be the HOTSPOT especially for kids. Not to pretty but the catching was awesome. Then the last 4 times I went I got skunked. Tried spinners, spoons, plugs, plastics, baits and flies. NADA. Moved around every 20 minutes to different locations...NADA. The only positive thing was NO ONE ELSE was doing any better. I put a post about how lousy the fishing had gotten. They replied, "no guarantees - better luck next time." My reply: "Better luck getting my money next time". Haven't' been back since. But that was 5+ years ago. Hasn't changed much. Well, the price has gone up!
    It's called fishing!
    I have days where i smack them and catch my limit in 1 hour. I also have my 2 fish days along with big ol skunks

Don't you wish fishing was easier??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123