Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SARL] Is it worth it to try on a weekday?

Default [SARL] Is it worth it to try on a weekday?

As the title says, is it worth it to fish on a weekday? I know the best days to fish are obviously the three days after they stock but I was considering going on Wednesday because that's the only day this week I can go... I always enjoy going fishing even if I only catch a skunk but idk rather go to LNL if im not going to catch much... Just seeing what your guys opinions are. Thanks!

For years my fishing day at SARL was Monday and I always caught fish, almost always limit style action. My thoughts are that the fish get so spooky over a weekend that they chain their jaws shut after Friday and Saturday and just won't bite until they get too hungry. That's Monday or Tuesday. If you are deciding between the two lakes, SARL is the hands-down winner. Fish are there, planted weekly in volume, and big ones are planted. I wouldn't hesitate fishing a Wednesday at all. Good luck!
    Last edited by Marley; 01-11-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    For years my fishing day at SARL was Monday and I always caught fish, almost always limit style action. My thoughts are that the fish get so spooky over a weekend that they chain their jaws shut after Friday and Saturday and just won't bite until they get too hungry. That's Monday or Tuesday. If you are deciding between the two lakes, SARL is the hands-down winner. Fish are there, planted weekly in volume, and big ones are planted. I wouldn't hesitate fishing a Wednesday at all. Good luck!
    Thanks for the information!

pay $$ to get skunk (SARL) or fish LNL free to get skunk. Your choice haha j/k

Can't really predict what the outcome will be. Of course after a stock, odds are probably better since they hold in an area for a while. But my bro has limit out before on Tuesday and yes even Wednesday. It is fishing so you'll never know. Just have to be patient and hopefully get bendo. Either place you fish, good luck to you.

There is definitely fish in there but it will be a little tougher than a Friday or saturday!
    I say give SARL a try and work for your fish meaning. try stuff out of the ordinary and one thing i recommend is to jig
    I went sunday and caught my limit all on jigs, my bait rods did not get touched at all
    good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    There is definitely fish in there but it will be a little tougher than a Friday or saturday!
    I say give SARL a try and work for your fish meaning. try stuff out of the ordinary and one thing i recommend is to jig
    I went sunday and caught my limit all on jigs, my bait rods did not get touched at all
    good luck to you
    I was actually planning on jigging! I'm probably going to try Chris' pond and maybe if it's slow move to the big lake. Thanks everyone for the advice. Ill be trying my luck tomorrow.

Best of luck. Post a report!

Well... I got skunked. Saw two fish today caught. One by a fisherman the other by a Osprey. The one the Osprey caught was bigger too. Oh well, still enjoyed a day out of the house. Probably going to LNL tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    Well... I got skunked. Saw two fish today caught. One by a fisherman the other by a Osprey. The one the Osprey caught was bigger too. Oh well, still enjoyed a day out of the house. Probably going to LNL tomorrow.
    Aw, man! Those ospreys are pretty good, love to watch them. Where did you fish? Bait? How was LNL?

Yeah I don't know what's up with that lake man... I got skunked a couple week ago too. Supposedly they stock the heck out of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast