Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fist fish of the new year

Default first fish of the new year

hit my local hone hole and it produced.
    read up on how to catch bass in the winter and the most of the articles advised using jerkbaits, so i did.
    I've had these jerkbaits for almost 8 years and never used them until Saturday and glad i kept them.
    got about 6 fish, nothing really big...the biggest went 3.56 lbs. but i was stoked to learn a new method and more so catching my limit.
    it was cold and didn't think the fish would bite but they did...here are the pictures...did manage a spinnerbait fish once the sun came out...always fun on a spinnerbait. the bite was lethargic as you can imagine with the cold weather the fish weren't too aggressive. cant wait to do this again.

enjoy the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC fish 5 1.09.16.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	47569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC fish 4 1.09.16.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	47568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC fish 3 1.09.16.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	47567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC fish 2 1.09.16.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	47566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GC fish 1 1.09.16.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	47565  

Last edited by madbass; 01-11-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Default Local Pond

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    hit my local hone hole and it produced.
    read up on how to catch bass in the winter and the most of the articles advised using jerkbaits, so i did.
    I've had these jerkbaits for almost 8 years and never used them until Saturday and glad i kept them.
    got about 6 fish, nothing really big...the biggest went 3.56 lbs. but i was stoked to learn a new method and more so catching my limit.
    it was cold and didn't think the fish would bite but they did...here are the pictures...did manage a spinnerbait fish once the sun came out...always fun on a spinnerbait. the bite was lethargic as you can imagine with the cold weather the fish weren't too aggressive. cant wait to do this again.

enjoy the pictures.
    Hi Madbass,nice fish on the jerkbaits. Did you pause for a long time with the jerkbait?

Quote Originally Posted by ela View Post
    Hi Madbass,nice fish on the jerkbaits. Did you pause for a long time with the jerkbait?
    i paused long at times, about 10-sec, and other times only 3 seconds...the bites mostly came when i paused for about 5-secs.
    whats funny is that when i hooked a fish, there was always a 2 or 3 fish following it trying to grab the bait out of his mouth.