Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Favorite Swimbaits???

Default Favorite Swimbaits???

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum...There are lots of good info here but I want to know what are some of your favorite swimbaits for stripers/LMB and why?

Thanks,
    1st_timer

Quote Originally Posted by 1st_timer View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum...There are lots of good info here but I want to know what are some of your favorite swimbaits for stripers/LMB and why?

Thanks,
    1st_timer
    There are so many different swimbaits to choose from that is a hard question to answer. First off what size fish are you targeting. Huddleston is a hard bait to top in the colder months of the year. The 6/8 model is a good place to start because smaller and larger models will both eat it. The reason I like the Hud in the colder months is the subtlety of the movement, the head always stays straight and the tail kicks even at the slower rates of retrieve. As water temps heat up I like baits that have a bit more action but they will still eat the Hud year round.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st_timer View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks,
    1st_timer
    Hudd, triple trout and pupfish/punker...why? Confidence and track record of success for many years.