Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Laguna Niguel Fishing Report 1/9/16

Default Laguna Niguel Fishing Report 1/9/16

Hello guys, started fishing early morning at zone 1. First 2-3 hours of fishing was pretty good. Most anglers at least caught two or more. Gulp worms, night crawlers and
    pb was effective to some point. Ended up with with 6 trout amongst our group.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0179.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	47563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0182.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	47562  

Nice going,looks like one happy boy!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice to see things improving, what was the water clairity like?

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    Nice to see things improving, what was the water clairity like?
    I would say the water looked average clarity, the water there hasn't ever been too clear so about average. The bite is finally starting to improve so I'm hoping Milesquare might pick up too.

Water clarity at MSP is still the chocolate malt but a little better, not much though. Bite has been off and on lately. One day you'll see like a handful caught next day you'll see 1 caught all day. In my opinion it's about getting out there and throwing what you're confident in throwing to try and catch these fish. I was lucky to almost limit out one day, and next day stuck 7 of these suckers but then next day, nothing. What was working for me you ask???? Well, that I can't let the cat out of the bag. One tip I will let others know is that the bigger the trout get, the more they like to feed on meat =0) Also, if all else fails, try using natural bait. Worms, crickets, mealworms *cough cough* and even flies. Yes, a 10lb trout will take a size 12 ity bity fly.

Good luck out there to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuoc Mam View Post
    Water clarity at MSP is still the chocolate malt but a little better, not much though. Bite has been off and on lately. One day you'll see like a handful caught next day you'll see 1 caught all day. In my opinion it's about getting out there and throwing what you're confident in throwing to try and catch these fish. I was lucky to almost limit out one day, and next day stuck 7 of these suckers but then next day, nothing. What was working for me you ask???? Well, that I can't let the cat out of the bag. One tip I will let others know is that the bigger the trout get, the more they like to feed on meat =0) Also, if all else fails, try using natural bait. Worms, crickets, mealworms *cough cough* and even flies. Yes, a 10lb trout will take a size 12 ity bity fly.

Good luck out there to you all.
    Thanks for all the tips bud, 2016 has been good so far for fishing and it's great to see the city park lakes fishing thread has come back to life as well.