Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Corona Lake Water Level

Default Corona Lake Water Level

Took the folks out for a ride today, shake off the cabin fever, and wound up out at Corona Lake. Looks like she picked up a couple, maybe three, feet of water out of those couple of storms we had. Lots more needed but encouraging to see.

That's great news! I remember during the last El Nino back in 97 the lake actually spilled over the dam along with a lot of the fish. Craig Elliott invited me and a few other members of the press to help him re-catch some of the fish that were living in the creek on the other side. We were catching trout and catfish to 8 pounds in only a few inches of water, it was a blast! Craig had a giant metal tank mounted to a trailer on his Hummer. We filled it up with fish and they dumped them back into the lake. Good times.

I remember that water spilling, neat to see. Hopefully we will see it again soon. They cleaned up the lake bed so once it fills it will be a great trolling water.

When Canyon and Elsinore spill over Corona fills immediately. Hopefully this will happen because shad, LMB and catfish come with the water.

How about a "raffle". See who comes closest to the date she spills? Winner gets to say "I won."

February 10.

Default Spill

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    How about a "raffle". See who comes closest to the date she spills? Winner gets to say "I won."

February 10.
    March 3. 2036

corona has some slabs in there , lets
    see what happens ...
    while the vine keeps on tripping..

cm

I remember when she spilled I used to fish the area off of Lincoln in corona next to the cheese factory and scored a couple decent rainbows that came with the water that year. not to mention bass catfish and a couple tilapia as well.

i drive by this lake everyday, Not looking good. But you never know

The last time it spilled was early '11 IIRC. Same thing happened, they made a big stocking, then a big storm hit 2 days later and a lot of fish spilled over into the usually dry creek below the dam. Also heard reports of people fishing the inlet south of the lake and catching rainbows doing what they do best--swimming upstream.
    I highly doubt we will see the lake filling up anytime soon. This "El Nino" year seems to have been a bust as far as So Cal rain is concerned. I really miss fishing this lake, hope we get some significant water so we can have a trout season this fall.