Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1/08/16 mini report

Default 1/08/16 mini report

Water is up quite a bit. The little island directly across from ramp 2 is now under water. Water temp was around 52* and color was a bit green with fair visibility. As for stripers the inlet is still a ghost town and the morning to mid day bite is still tough. Just as I was on my way out I found a pretty big bait school at around 50 feet down and actually hit one with the down rigger. Not sure, but I think I saw Mat out there. Looks like the LMB guys are out numbering the striper boats. Since I didn't look for LMB I can't add anything there.

Best part of the day for me was spotting a nice Bobcat strolling the shoreline. Man, that thing was as big as a coyote.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 01-08-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks for the report! I haven't been on the water since early December, but we saw a fat bobcat that morning as well patrolling the shore in the east end, can't wait for the water to keep rising! So many tiny largemouth all over the lake, rising water should help the little buggers grow some shoulders.