Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake ??

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyraptor View Post
    Any news if Irvine lake is stocking or if it's open?

Thanks in advanced.
    Its up to you Johnyraptor whose words you want to follow. These other guys are looking for a pissing match. If you believe there is good fishing there try it...but if it is action you are looking for I would pass. I am just a novice compared to Hitts On and Dark Shadow so you might ask them to guide you. I don't stand a chance against those pros. Obviously, they get a little sensitive if you tell the truth about Irvine but they have vested interests with those people, having sponsored tournaments and fund raisers over the years. The reality is Irvine is closing and shutting down and the crowds there are backing up my information. No fish = No fishermen. I guess you could still target bass and catch fish but for me it is trout season. For now, I will go to 99 ranch -no fishing license required and fees are reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    I saw "lightning trout" at 99 Ranch once. $3.49/lb I think. They were on ice, gutted with heads on.
    They sell them at Armen market in Altadena also.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/armen-market-pasadena

Guys get a clue..... Like I've been telling you since January 2015 Irvine Lake is closing and going outta business. Let's see if we get some new management and ownership in the near future. Otherwise it's a waste of money fishing that mud bowl now!
    ---Michael

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    Guys get a clue..... Like I've been telling you since January 2015 Irvine Lake is closing and going outta business. Let's see if we get some new management and ownership in the near future. Otherwise it's a waste of money fishing that mud bowl now!
    ---Michael
    Not if your'e a bass fisherman.....
    Last edited by goodguy; 01-15-2016 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    ---Michael
    My sentiments exactly iPhish. I tried to give Johnny Raptor" an answer to his question and they turn this thread into an issue dealing with truck chasing and 99 ranch. It is a waste of money if you are targeting trout and that was the original question; "are they stocking or open"? Irvine is not running a business they are closing down a business and trying squeeze every last penny. Not stocking since Thanksgiving is a far cry from when they used to stock weekly. It has nothing to with truck chasing. It's just not a good place to fish right now.
    Last edited by Limit Time; 01-14-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Not if your'e a bass fisherman.....
    or if you like chasing the kittys....this was new years day

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    or if you like chasing the kittys....this was new years day

TD
    Nice catch!!!!! Did you have to hike very far or dangerously to get there???? lol

hats off to you "Limit Time" for handling that well. Don't know why those "pros" have to act all hard and tough cause they fish LMB. Fishing snobby is the worst snobby. Its just fishing guys chilllllllllllllllllllll. Simple science- stocked trout fishing without actually stocked trout is a bad deal lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Nice catch!!!!! Did you have to hike very far or dangerously to get there???? lol
    I guess that depends on what you consider far or dangerous

TD

Noobs crying about fishing at Irvine LMAO ! Just get out there and hunt for them instead of chasing the trucks !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast