Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake ??

Default Irvine Lake ??

Any news if Irvine lake is stocking or if it's open?

Thanks in advanced.

I don't know myself. Best way to find out is to call the lake and ask, the roads are usually wiped out after a big storm, so you may have to hike wayyyy in. I haven't heard squat about stocks in a long time. I don't think they're stocking weekly anymore, unless someone can contest that?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyraptor View Post
    Any news if Irvine lake is stocking or if it's open?

Thanks in advanced.
    No more stockings. They are closing down. Unlimited trout and catfish bounties. Last stocking was Thanksgiving. You are going after holdovers now. It will be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit Time View Post
    No more stockings....It will be tough.
    Wait, you mean to tell me I'm supposed to fish for fish that haven't been recently stocked?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Wait, you mean to tell me I'm supposed to fish for fish that haven't been recently stocked?!?
    Yeah, go out there and give me your report. It is more like fish for fish that aren't there @ $24.00 a pop. You must be one hell of a fisherman.

Yeah, go out there and give me your report. It is more like fish for fish that aren't there @ $24.00 a pop. You must be one hell of a fisherman.
    Then I must be that dam good! I get average of 3 trout and 6 catfish every trip I go. And I caught a big wiper about 3 weeks ago. Just gotta do some real fishing
    instead of fish finders and stocked fish.

Good luck !

Judging from your screenname, Limits is what you look for. Why not visit 99 Ranch? You'll get trout for the pound in lower margins that it takes to get into Irvine.

I chase largemouth at Irvine. Don't know the last time they stocked those, but I remember the last time I visited, it was pretty wide open. I must be one hell of a fisherman.

Soooo...i take it you're one of those that chases the hatchery truck, eh?

Here's some sage advice: Try catching trout with tails. It'll change your world, and most likely place you into some nicer lookin spots than good ole Santiago Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Why not visit 99 Ranch?
    Fishing license not required.

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    Fishing license not required.
    And lots less than $24.

I saw "lightning trout" at 99 Ranch once. $3.49/lb I think. They were on ice, gutted with heads on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast