Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris dam work completion date?

Default Lake Perris dam work completion date?

Does anyone have information as to when the work on the Lake Perris dam retrofitting/reinforcement will be complete, so we can launch our float tubes from the Bernasconi area? Did I hear the spring of 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Does anyone have information as to when the work on the Lake Perris dam retrofitting/reinforcement will be complete, so we can launch our float tubes from the Bernasconi area? Did I hear the spring of 2016?
    fishmounter,

I reviewed all of the construction documents I could find on the State web site and found a detail critical path for each phase of construction; but not a completion date!

I too am curious!

With DVL being closed to private boats, Perris is getting hammered!

I remember hearing it was supposed to be a three year project and they only started about a year ago. It's gonna be a couple more years. Worst part is they will pump out all of the water from the rains because they need to keep the level down for construction. They will keep a bit but if I remember correctly they dropped the lake about 20 feet or so in preparation

the dam remediation project is slated to be done in late 2017 as of the last info I have.

The lake can fill up to 1557' this year and it's at like 1545-46' right now. Let's hope it gets to 1557'.

I like lake perris high or low water and going to get a annual day pass this year. Just love those big Blue Gills that swim in it.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I like lake perris high or low water and going to get a annual day pass this year. Just love those big Blue Gills that swim in it.
    You wouldn't happen to know where they like to hang in perris during this time of year? I caught only one just off the point South of the launch but never anything after that. Fam wants a stringer for frying up!

Quote Originally Posted by brohamslice View Post
    You wouldn't happen to know where they like to hang in perris during this time of year? I caught only one just off the point South of the launch but never anything after that. Fam wants a stringer for frying up!
    I saw some people getting some nice ones straight out off of the pier by the dam where all the bass guys sit a few weeks back.

I don't have a boat or a float tube so I have my best Gill days on the main boat dock, spring and summer.

Ted,.. Fishing is slow right now, but I'll see if I can get the key again this Spring. Would you ever want to go out on a boat for 'Gills? PM me if you'd prefer..

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I saw some people getting some nice ones straight out off of the pier by the dam where all the bass guys sit a few weeks back.
    Hmm interesting. Thanks for the tip Brent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast