Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year, New License, New PB!

Default New Year, New License, New PB!

Decided to get out for the afternoon high tide, instead of sitting on the couch watching bowl games.

Left my house around 12:30 and went straight to Walmart, for my license, and there was at least 8-10 people in front of me...
    I arrived at the beach right around 2:00 and conditions were almost perfect, with the exception of the slightly brown water.
    Started tossing my LC, in anchovy, and just worked the area really good.
    When I say good, I mean fan cast a spot 3-4 times, move up the beach 30-40 feet & repeat...
    You don't cover a lot of ground but you find things, with the LC, that you normally do not when speed fishing.

It was about 30 minutes into my session when I get a nice hit, I swung and missed...
    It's okay, at least there is something here.
    I cast out again, then again and this time I stuck the hook;

Turned out to be a nice healthy Yellow Fin Croaker @ 16 1/2" inches.
    I thought it might be a new PB, but not this time.

I know that YFC travel in pretty large schools, so I stayed at this area and on my very next cast;

This would be my new PB and it taped out at 19 1/2"... this calls for the Banana Dance
    I ended up catching 2 more here, none smaller than 15 1/2". I did also farm 3 others...

I decided to move up the beach, since sunset was fast approaching.
    I was casting in an area, where there is this rock formation, and it usually holds something.
    I stayed there for a bit when I get that familiar thump;

It wasn't the biggest flatty, but its' always nice to land one!
    After releasing the halibut I didn't get anymore fish the further North I went.
    Saw an elderly couple fishing and they had the stripe, so I told them where I caught the YFC and wished them luck.

As I was working my way back, the sun was setting and it was a beautiful sight;

As you can see, the waves were almost lifeless and it was this way the whole 3 hours I was there.
    Walking back to my truck I decided to see if the YFC spot would still produce, after a few casts I caught one more at 17"...
    I went 6 for 10 on the YFC, not a very good percentage, but doable.

Got back to my truck and the Warden was sitting there, waiting for me...
    He asked how I did, I informed him and we then said our goodbye's.

It was a great way to start off the year and I think conditions are going to vastly improve, with all the rain we get from Mr. El Nino...

I hope everyone has a great year & God Bless You All,

Robert
    <><

Very nice work Roberto! Looks like a real nice start to the new year. At least the temps picked up a couple degrees in the last couple of days but doesn't look like that's gonna last long. Well, hope to fish with you again in the NEAR future.

Congrats on the beast of a PB!!!
    Don

Hey Robert

Got my fishing license today hoping to hit the surf on Monday, As always good to see your post and the fishing report from down south.

Thanks
    Ram

The good intel there Robert! I'm making notes.

God Bless and best year Fishin'

Tim

Hi brother Robert,

What a fun way to break in your brand new 2016 fishing license with a 6-pack of the ol' YFC and a side of butt

Happy New Year (congrats on starting 2016 on a new PB).

God bless you,

Nick

Congrats on the new PB Robert ! Good way to break in your new fishing license !

Good Croaky Outing.

Great 1st session of the 2016 Season Roberto!

Congrat's on your new PB! What a monster!

Take care my friend and God bless!

SP Dan <"))><

This is for your 19.5" YFC..............................that's what dreams are made of!!!!

Way to go on breaking in the new license,nice pics there also.

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast