Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Report 12/31/15

Default Report 12/31/15

Took a customer up to the lake the other day to show him a couple methods. Ended up getting a Lund and started out tossing the jig on Main and Secondary points with a few bites here and there. Midway through the morning it was obvious the the fish were definitely into the jig, but full size wasn't their cup of tea. Down sized and found similar results. Swinging on air. Switched it up even smaller and put the hook in them. All bites came on steeper banks and rock quarry ledges in what I would guess to be 30-40' of water. 1/8th oz heads and small baits got bit. Had we been in a boat with more control I think we could have put together a pretty good day. SUPER light biters for us. Primarily targeted the East side of the lake. Broke a big fish off on the West end, but that was the only bite we had over there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151231_132342.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	47412

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1231151157.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	47413
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 01-01-2016 at 08:53 PM.

As always, a good report from the "Man"!

Good info,water sure looked nice,thanks for that report!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks for the report. Did you bring a meter out, or eyeball and go from memory on the spots?
    Spinning rod with small jigs is always interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Thanks for the report. Did you bring a meter out, or eyeball and go from memory on the spots?
    Spinning rod with small jigs is always interesting!

Was pure line of site and landmarks.

I've studied damn near every inch of that lake with maps, sonar and time on the water. The only way I was able to find the ledges was cross referencing photos and line of site from my gps coordinates on my boat, google earth and then topo maps I have. It put me in a general vicinity then all I had to do was put the casts out there to map the bottom. I messed up and blew out a couple areas because I was a little too close but it worked out fine because I could cycle back through.

One thing on DVL is the bird life tells the story and lets you know the depth. Warching certain birds stay in a general vicinity gave me clues on water depth and type of bottom. Staying just outside their range put us in the deeper water and outside the ledge. No clue on exact depth, but I believe it was that 30-40' type stuff. For all I know it could have been 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    Was pure line of site and landmarks.

I've studied damn near every inch of that lake with maps, sonar and time on the water. The only way I was able to find the ledges was cross referencing photos and line of site from my gps coordinates on my boat, google earth and then topo maps I have. It put me in a general vicinity then all I had to do was put the casts out there to map the bottom. I messed up and blew out a couple areas because I was a little too close but it worked out fine because I could cycle back through.

One thing on DVL is the bird life tells the story and lets you know the depth. Warching certain birds stay in a general vicinity gave me clues on water depth and type of bottom. Staying just outside their range put us in the deeper water and outside the ledge. No clue on exact depth, but I believe it was that 30-40' type stuff. For all I know it could have been 20.
    Has anyone ever gone to the doctor for an exam and wondered WHY all the young women in semingly good health are there? PS Please send water SOON!