Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little reality slap in the face for those delusional people in General Discussion.

Default A little reality slap in the face for those delusional people in General Discussion.

I know you right wingers hate to revisit all your predictions, think Ebola catastrophe here in America, but here are some clear and accurate information...
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...was-reelected/
    Happy New Years!

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    I know you right wingers hate to revisit all your predictions, think Ebola catastrophe here in America, but here are some clear and accurate information...
    Happy New Years!
    There is nothing delusional about the state of the country, the first term bush was blamed, now it's time to own it. At no time in our history has so much division been promoted and encouraged, happy new year

Happy New Years!
    That's why so many people on this board feel Obama is the worst President EVER!!!!! They listen to all those HATE monger Conservatives who are out there and believe every word they say. The problem is they NEVER bother to check up on how things are really doing or they keep waiting for something that's never EVER going to happen. Folks he has only 1 year left in office, let's see how much trouble Obama can get himself into in his last year. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-01-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    There is nothing delusional about the state of the country, the first term bush was blamed, now it's time to own it. At no time in our history has so much division been promoted and encouraged, happy new year
    Why don't you explain in your own words about so much division that has been promoted and encouraged. I take it you weren't around in the 1960's?????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-01-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Why don't you explain in your own words about so much division that has been promoted and encouraged. I take it you weren't around in the 1960's?????
    They on the right fringe have no trouble declaring how terrible the future will be. They have a big problem admitting they were wrong...

1st off, if you think all anti-Obama people here are hardcore conservatives you guys are way off base.

1) Gas at $2.50 a gallon. Some senator from Utah and Newt DOES NOT generalize us anti-Obama crowd.

2) Unemployment at 8%. You and Tucker need to learn where the the unemployment numbers come from. Using unemployment numbers to support Obama is really stupid.

Where do the statistics come from?
    Early each month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor announces the total number of employed and unemployed people in the United States for the previous month, along with many characteristics about them. These figures, particularly the unemployment rate—which tells you the percentage of the labor force that is unemployed—receive wide coverage in the media.

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.
    http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm

Go to this page below and learn something. A survey there puts it over 14%

The state and federal governments calculate unemployment differently. States often measure unemployment by the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. But that, of course, can be misleading since unemployment benefits expire, leaving the unemployed without a way to be measured.
    http://www.moneycrashers.com/what-is...ployment-rate/

Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed.
    http://fortune.com/2015/09/14/donald...ent-rate-jobs/

Approximately 52.2 million (or 21.3 percent) people in the U.S. participated in major means-tested government assistance programs each month.
    https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...5/cb15-97.html

3) Stock Market crash. Be ready, cash/gold/silver is king.

Stock Market Crash Getting Warmed Up.
    The oft quoted Case Schiller CAPE/PE Ratio of the S&P 500 is overvalued by around 62.5%. Currently sitting at 23.96, the 10-year average is 15. For every $1.00 of earnings a company makes, investors are willing to pay $23.96. The ratio has only been higher three times: 1929, 2000, and 2007. Each time it was followed by a collapse in the stock market. (Source: Yale University, last accessed September 29, 2015.)
    http://www.profitconfidential.com/st...crash-in-2016/

4) Economy crash. Rush Limbaugh quotes ? Lol, cmon man. The Fed has been printing so much money. How about Debt ? OUT OF CONTROL.
    Obama will do anything to postpone it as long as possible. 2016 ? Maybe, although Obama doses not want it on his watch.
    If the big crash happens in 2017 WHO GETS THE BLAME ? GW Bush ? Hillary, Donald, Ted, Marco ?

DEBT !

Japan is still #1, with a debt as a percentage of tax revenue of about 900 percent and Greece is still in second place at about 475 percent. The big change is the U.S. jumps up to third place, with a debt to income measure of 408 percent. If the U.S. were a family, it would be deep into the financial danger zone.

Yet you still believe everything is getting much better. Reality ? You will see.

Clear and accurate information

You should try stand up comedy.

"Delusional" Such a tired term you and LQ use.

2016 just started. Hang on to your seat.

DR

...........dumbasses.............................l ol................atta boy d/r....................

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    1st off, if you think all anti-Obama people here are hardcore conservatives you guys are way off base.

1) Gas at $2.50 a gallon. Some senator from Utah and Newt DOES NOT generalize us anti-Obama crowd.

2) Unemployment at 8%. You and Tucker need to learn where the the unemployment numbers come from. Using unemployment numbers to support Obama is really stupid.

Where do the statistics come from?
    Early each month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor announces the total number of employed and unemployed people in the United States for the previous month, along with many characteristics about them. These figures, particularly the unemployment rate—which tells you the percentage of the labor force that is unemployed—receive wide coverage in the media.

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.
    http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm

Go to this page below and learn something. A survey there puts it over 14%

The state and federal governments calculate unemployment differently. States often measure unemployment by the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. But that, of course, can be misleading since unemployment benefits expire, leaving the unemployed without a way to be measured.
    http://www.moneycrashers.com/what-is...ployment-rate/

Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed.
    http://fortune.com/2015/09/14/donald...ent-rate-jobs/

Approximately 52.2 million (or 21.3 percent) people in the U.S. participated in major means-tested government assistance programs each month.
    https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...5/cb15-97.html

3) Stock Market crash. Be ready, cash/gold/silver is king.

Stock Market Crash Getting Warmed Up.
    The oft quoted Case Schiller CAPE/PE Ratio of the S&P 500 is overvalued by around 62.5%. Currently sitting at 23.96, the 10-year average is 15. For every $1.00 of earnings a company makes, investors are willing to pay $23.96. The ratio has only been higher three times: 1929, 2000, and 2007. Each time it was followed by a collapse in the stock market. (Source: Yale University, last accessed September 29, 2015.)
    http://www.profitconfidential.com/st...crash-in-2016/

4) Economy crash. Rush Limbaugh quotes ? Lol, cmon man. The Fed has been printing so much money. How about Debt ? OUT OF CONTROL.
    Obama will do anything to postpone it as long as possible. 2016 ? Maybe, although Obama doses not want it on his watch.
    If the big crash happens in 2017 WHO GETS THE BLAME ? GW Bush ? Hillary, Donald, Ted, Marco ?

DEBT !

Japan is still #1, with a debt as a percentage of tax revenue of about 900 percent and Greece is still in second place at about 475 percent. The big change is the U.S. jumps up to third place, with a debt to income measure of 408 percent. If the U.S. were a family, it would be deep into the financial danger zone.

Yet you still believe everything is getting much better. Reality ? You will see.

I'm sort of like Beetlejuice, say my name and I will appear. (you don't have to say my name 3 times, once will suffice) Let's talk about the unemployment number, Obama say's it's 5%, yet the Conservatives always say that he is using fuzzy numbers. (they claim the real number is 8%) I'm not doubting the Demorats are using a formula that is most advantages to make the number look as low as possible. However, I'm asking you this question DR, "If Mitt Romey was elected President in 2012." Wouldn't he be USING the exact same formula that Obama is now using to make the numbers look as low as possible for him????? If that's the case, isn't your argument rather pointless???? Or the real point is, "you're just Obama Bashing with silly arguments!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-04-2016 at 06:57 PM.

(
    Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    I asked if you would explain in your own words what you meant by, "at no time in our history has so much division been promoted and encouraged." Since you didn't respond to my request to explain in your own words what you were trying to say, I'm going to respond to you by what I THINK you were trying to say. (my apologies if I get it all balled up) There has probably been more black protest's in several different area's of the country that we haven't seen for quite awhile. (I'll bet you feel the President in his heart is with the protestors.)

Let's start at what the Blacks are protesting.

If I was their lawyer, I would say they are protesting the unfair treatment they are getting in the Criminal Justice system. This starts with the police, then it carry's on to the court system and ends up with the Black man getting the shaft compared to his White Counter part. Is this true?????? Absolutely!!!!!! Statistics don't LIE!!!! If you compare a White man and a Black man who did everything absolutely identical in breaking the law. The Black man is more likely to be beaten or shot while trying to be arrested compared to the White man doing the exact same behavior. Once they get into the court system, the same thing happens. A White defendant will statistically get a lighter sentence then a Black man for doing the exact same crime with the exact same behavior!!!!

Now is that Fair???????? Do the Blacks have a legitimate reason to protest the behavior they have been getting for the last 150 years in the Criminal Justice system????? If you think Americans protesting for better and fairer treatment is causing so much division and it should be stopped. I pity your narrow minded thinking. (once again if that's NOT what you meant to say, "I apologies for thinking that's what your comment meant")
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-04-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast