Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Faimount toad..gone!

Default Faimount toad..gone!

Thought I'd try my backyard pond, even though it's been very cold out. Using the Baby Brush Hog, which has been a great bait in the past, I finally hooked into a really big bass only to have her jump and throw the hook close to landing her. I put my rod down to lip her and she did another head shake… Oh well.. It's funny how we keep casting hoping that that big bass will take the lure again..

I meant Fairmount..Park

I've been trying to catch a bass out of there for months. Glad to know she has them in her.

That's for the report Jeff I still remember that big one that escaped through the large hole in your net that time, she would have made a nice picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF_41511.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	47407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	47408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF_4177.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	47409

Yeah Ted, right after that incident, I sewed up that hole. That net has seen quite a few bass in it. It's actually a big minnow net, but I like it because it's made out of a soft material and won't hurt the fish. There at Fairmount, you almost need a net because it's hard to get down close to the water to lip your catch, with all those cypress roots all over. Nice pics buddy. We'll have to get together and fish the park soon.

You caught her..just no pic to take with her...cool to hook any bass in this weather