Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 7 Year Itch has been Scratched! The Stars Aligned & I Got Striped. SWAT 12/27/15

Brother Arturo,
    It was a long time coming and a most deserved fish for you.
    I could go on about the fish, but the pictures of your friends and family are the pictures that made me smile the most and made my heart warm.
    You've shared with me things that others ask me about and I just say, " it's not about fishing, it's about the 5 F's ".
    You and others truly know what that means.

2016 is approaching and with it will bring happiness & sadness, life & death, accomplishments & disappointments.
    It's how a person handles them that makes them who they are & you are a great example of how to make the best of those situations.
    I wish you many Blessings, as well as everyone on this site, this upcoming year.
    As for me, God has been truly Blessing me and my family that there is nothing I can say except, Thank You Lord.

Have a Safe New Years & God Bless Brother,
    Robert
    <><

First of all, I would like to say my condolences to you and yours truly my friend. Going through something of that extent is nothing short of heartbreaking. May your father, friend and Wingnut Pug rest in peace.

As far as the report goes, I bet everyone was freezing their butts off out there. If I were to be out there in this type of weather, Im sure I'll end up paying a visit to my local hospital, lol. Way to fight through it guys.

Catching the striper couldnt have happened to a more deserving person... and at last, the list is complete. It must feel awesome to finally accomplish what you set 8 years ago. I bet you it was your "spidey sense" that led you to that trench and make the impossible possible. A "last cast" type of scenario and you pull out a stripey! Doesnt get better than that. Awesome frikin job brotha!

My list is still missing two candidates, a WSB and a striper. I lost a WSB last summer down in Robert's turf and it sucked bigtime! But hey, thats fishing and what makes it great, that urge to get back out there and search for the target species.

I'm sure 2016 has some fun times ahead of us. I'm looking forward to it my friend.
    Congrats and happy new year!

Great write up Arthur and sorry to hear about your dad, I too was doing the same Xmas eve at the cemetery with pops!

Huge congrats on mr stripey!

Thanks for sharing! cool pics!

Congrats on the milestone achievement my friend ! A beautiful striped bass , nice and healthy looking (except for the parasites on the tail that is). I wish you and your family happy holidays !

I first received a text from brother Dan saying to stand by for a report on FNN as the Commander just caught a PB. OK, PB what??? Lizard, Tom Cod, Torpedo, what the Hell is it???

I then get a text from brother Don telling me......... (It's Kimble!!!!!!!!)

Don once told me that is pretty much the only fish that has eluded you over the years.

Not anymore my brother, congratulations my friend!

Kelly

very cool indeed!!!!!
    nice job.....

cm

Awesome gorgeous striper...congrats!

Wow thats incredible. I hope one day i get a surf striper in so cal. What a great read Arthur. Many congrats on finally catching a species you have wanted to for so long. I'm stoked on this report. I wish we had em like New jersey shores though. That would be epic!

Wow Arthur! Beautiful fish, beautiful spot and and all shared with your S.W.A.T. brothers. Thanks for letting me live the moments with you through your report.

I enjoyed the whole right up on the Christmas season. Truly a blessing

Tim

Congratulations Arthur, way to close out the year on a positive note! Here is to turning the page and making the new year the best it can be

Wishing you a healthy, happy, prosperous 2016.

TD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast