Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Looking for tips on where and he.

Default Looking for tips on where to and when

Looking to fish the famous Colorado river! Been reading a lot here and the General web. From what I can determine this is not an ideal time to fish the river! With that in mind, can I get an idea when the best time would be? I would like to stay in the California side to avoid having to worry about seperate licences. It would be the very best for me if someone wanted to tag along, to help with launching the boat and showing me around.
    I was supposed to fish silverwood today but got confused about the wind forecast, now I have to wonder if I missed anything!
    Last edited by Durdy Daug; 12-27-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Auto spelling

The Colorado River validation has been discontinued you do not need to purchase an additional Arizona license to fish the Arizona side of the river. From the California DFW web site: Anglers who possess either a valid California sport fishing license or a valid Arizona sport fishing license can fish from either shore of the portion of the Colorado River that makes up the California-Arizona boundary.

Mid to late February is generally when the fishing picks up.

you may want to check out Willow Beach, Mead and Mojave. Mohave has been good as of late. Here is a link related to Striper fishing.

They have good info on Striper fishing in the areas I mentioned. Some cool videos too!

http://www.acplugs.com/index.html

Here's a video by on the forum members
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiUM...ature=youtu.be

HEY DAUG check out Willow beach. Awesome place to relax and fish. There's too many holes and spots to spend a week and you wont make a dent!

Thanks I will look into it, I suspect that I need to wait for a month or so.