Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 12/23/25 - DVL LMB Report, Fun Stuff

Default 12/23/25 - DVL LMB Report, Fun Stuff

Rented a basic fishing boat today...the cheapest. All boats with electrics were reserved. The Lunds are good though. The fastest. Hands all tore up from being cold and having to pull poly cord anchor line all day by myself.

Wind was out of the s/sw to start the first few hours of the morning, then purely sw until about 1 pm when I left. A little drizzle, but chilly and cloudy all day. Caught a few nice ones playing the wind and current. All jig fish. Funny I saw very few bait birds around me, but I was on the fish. Farmed a few on the sleepy bite. The rod would just sort of slowly load up. Islands and secondary points.....All super healthy. Nice meaty tails.

Last edited by Stinkbait; 12-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Rented a basic fishing boat today...the cheapest. All boats with electrics were reserved. The Lunds are good though. The fastest. Hands all tore up from being cold and having to pull poly cord anchor line all day by myself.

Wind was out of the s/sw to start the first few hours of the morning, then purely sw until about 1 pm when I left. A little drizzle, but chilly and cloudy all day. Caught a few nice ones playing the wind and current. All jig fish. Funny I saw very few bait birds around me, but I was on the fish. Farmed a few on the sleepy bite. The rod would just sort of slowly load up. Islands and secondary points.....All super healthy. Nice meaty tails.

Nice job bro...Gawd I miss fishing DVL...

Sounds like a good time! Is the water still getting lower?

It has slowed down a lot. If it is getting shallower it is by inches. The islands are not getting further over my head while standing at least that I notice ;) There are now 4 in the eastern center of the lake. Typical we only see one or two during the dry seasons.