Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Baitfish/prey in cerritos regional lake

Default Baitfish/prey in cerritos regional lake

Does anyone know what the baitfish in cerritos regional lake is? I have seen bass crashing them. I remember there being small minnows when I was younger but that was before they redid the entire lake. Also I thought the lake was much deeper than 10ft, but after yesterday's outing, depth seems to be around 8ft. Has anyone caught bluegill in this laje? What about crayfish?

There are bluegill in the lake, it almost seems like the bait the bass bust on is small shad but not sure, could be the pale baby sunfish. I have never seen crayfish in there but that doesn't mean the bass won't hit a jig or a craw. that said most of my bass out off there have been caught on plastic worms, spinnerbaits, and swimbaits in bluegill or trout patterns.
    I stick to worms and spinners most of the time though because of the weeds. DS and T-rig seems to be what i end up throwing no matter what bait i have set out to test, lol.