Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It's about time....Right!? 12/18/15

Default It's about time....Right!? 12/18/15

Howdy all,
    I know it's been a while, so I apologize for that.

Woke up at 4:44 and decided to brave the cold.
    Walked outside and the thermometer reads 36 degrees...
    Oh well, I'm up and it's time to go. Arrived at a South San Diego Beach at exactly 6:00 & the thermometer reads 37,
    with winds at least 10 mph till the sun pushes all that cold easterly wind over the water.

Forecast read 1-2ft waves from both directions, 60-62 water temp, 10-16 second wave intervals and a high of 65 outside for the day. ( Actual wave heights were 3-5 ft )

Started casting for whatever would be willing to play. An hour goes by and I finally get a nibble on the Lucky Craft FM-110 in Anchovy ( my go to lure )
    Cast out to the same spot and this time I set the hook;

A 10"-12" smelt decided to be my first fish on the sand...

I released the smelt back into the water, cast out a couple more times and I get something a little heavier;

Mr. Flatty wanted to get in on some of this action also. It was only a pancake, but it was my intended species............

I continued to fish for another 3 hours without any more nibbles, but that's okay.
    It was good to be out in the surf again and get my bearings together.
    After the sun had come above the cliffs, it turned out to be a pretty nice morning;

This picture was an area that I wish I was at when it was still gray light... NEXT TIME!

I hope everyone has a Great Holiday Season,
    Robert
    <><

Bonus pic from a few weekends back on The Triton...7 legals in 2 pulls, with 1 net...

Nice to see you hit the suds Robert. I've got up a few times at BrrrrO'clock and my cup of coffee kept me hostage at home....lol
    That area is like cobblestone heaven and that pic of the drained structure looks awesome.
    Good job on the torpedo and the flattie bro....it's always nice to accomplish what ya sent out to do while enjoying the beautiful sunrise and getting some exercise as well.

God Bless you and your family this holiday season and have youself a Very Merry Fishmas!

Nice post Robert, good to see your getting out there.

Tim

Hey Robert,

Good to read a report from you again.
    Nice job getting out there and getting back in touch with what makes you feel at ease.

Great job on getting a few fish on the beach too! I'm jealous!

I look forward to stepping in the salt with you once again my friend. It's way been too long!

SP Dan <"))><

Nice going Roberto. Wish I had some time and conditions are a little better to make a run with you last weekend. More family trips to come in the near future down in your neck of the woods! Hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday!!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    t's always nice to accomplish what ya sent out to do while enjoying the beautiful sunrise and getting some exercise as well.
    My thoughts exactly.................and Merry Christmas, Verne

Thumbs up

Good to see you back out in the surf Roberto.
    Have a Merry Christmas my friend.

Hi brother Robert:

It makes me happy to see report from you. It's been a while. I like the handful of "bugs" and the fishes pic - especially the "tarpon" shot

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

blessing from your brother!!!!

Nick

fyi:i sent you a text today <"))><

Default Cold

37 degrees Your a trooper, for sure !!!

ROBERTOOOOO!

Sweet job on the torpedo and hali, next time cast out the torpedo as bait lol
    That picture of the beach you posted though that is definitely some SWAT structure.
    Give it a go and post up the pics of the legal hali's and wsb that you'll pull out of there.

P.S.
    you look like your freezing on the lobster pic lol
    I bet it was definitely worth it though! hahaha

Take care brotha