Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is California a rip off

California sucks, people should leave.

Google has plenty of resources that'll assist those looking for greener pastures.

Here's a good start:

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ho...coa-main-flow&

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    California sucks, people should leave.

Google has plenty of resources that'll assist those looking for greener pastures.

Here's a good start:

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/ho...coa-main-flow&
    LOL. I knew I could depend on you DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    LOL. I knew I could depend on you DS.
    $h!t, or get off the pot. Seriously.

This post sounded like my friends who constantly complain about their significant other, yet don't have the balls to break up with them.

My wife’s father is 90 and in a nursing home and is the only thing keeping us from moving right now.
    I will be making another trip back in the late spring taking the wife and hoping to work in a little house hunting in between the fishing. I looked at a lake view house on the last trip in a gate guarded development on Lake Keowee with a private launch ramp and deeded dock for home owners, HOA with community club house, swimming pool and tennis courts. HOA fee was only $300 a year, yes I said $300 a year. House was 3300 sq ft and only $249,000 and the price is typical for the area, you could not match it for three times the price or more in California and the property taxes were $1200. Electric utility rate is 1/3 the cost of California and gasoline this week could be found for less than $1.50 a gallon and ethanol free gas is available everywhere. Of course you can't surf and ski on the same day but I gave both up years ago.

Seems like an awful long way to go just to get out of DS's flag challenge.

At any rate, I've got a few moving boxes that I'd be glad to donate. No worries about your address, we already have it.

In related news....

South Carolina Refuses To Remove Confederate Flag From Capitol Trailer

COLUMBIA, SC — Shooing away protesters from the brown, debris-covered lawn, state lawmakers reportedly refused Monday to remove the Confederate flag from South Carolina’s Capitol Trailer.

http://www.theonion.com/article/sout...flag-cap-50725

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    My wife’s father is 90 and in a nursing home and is the only thing keeping us from moving right now.
    I will be making another trip back in the late spring taking the wife and hoping to work in a little house hunting in between the fishing. I looked at a lake view house on the last trip in a gate guarded development on Lake Keowee with a private launch ramp and deeded dock for home owners, HOA with community club house, swimming pool and tennis courts. HOA fee was only $300 a year, yes I said $300 a year. House was 3300 sq ft and only $249,000 and the price is typical for the area, you could not match it for three times the price or more in California and the property taxes were $1200. Electric utility rate is 1/3 the cost of California and gasoline this week could be found for less than $1.50 a gallon and ethanol free gas is available everywhere. Of course you can't surf and ski on the same day but I gave both up years ago.
    There is no doubt that is a beautiful home in a great location (on a lake) at a terrific price. But what does that tell you about the local economy????? It must be shitte!!!! I live in a nice suburban neighborhood on the Orange County border. That home you describe is more then twice the size of mine, 4 times the setting and half the cost. In other words that must be an up scale home for that area at a ridiculously low price. So I wonder what must the average person make in wages in that particular area? It can't be very much otherwise a home of that quality would be priced much higher. So if you're trying to live on the wages they pay out there, your standard of living won't be very high!!!! I'm sure the Governor of that state also refused to accept the expanded Federal Medicaid for the poor. (Obamacare) I'm also sure Ford and Chevy doesn't give North Carolina discounts along with so many other things people purchase. You might as well said how great "Belize" is to live in or some other 3 world country. Remember you made your great standard of living here in California!!!! So to try to say how great some other place is now, after you already made your money is very deceptive!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-24-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Honestly, in this state it can't be said enough...
    You're completely wrong. It can be said waaaaay too much. Just do us all a favor and leave already if it's so damn great there. Good grief, the whining gets old.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123