Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is California a rip off

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Well, judging by the responses here so far I stand by what I said, it's a lost cause...
    You expect us to be serious again on this website? I've posted more anti Cali and DFW stuff on this website than I can recall. I tend to agree, it feels like a lost cause and this state is a lost cause.

Sorry but at least for today I just don't have anymore fight left in me, maybe tomorrow I'll get my mojo back.
    '

Agreed....Lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Retired now and would love to bail out of Ca. But my wife has to be near the grandkids so that's not going to work for me. I like Arizona.
    I've still got a long ways to go to get to retirement and my wife has ALREADY shot the idea of leaving down. So depressing.....

I think what's happened to the DFG is beyond crazy!!!!! Which in the long run I think there is hope. Because crazy is easy to defeat, watch what happens in the upcoming Presidential election. lol I do believe (or at least hope) the good guy's win in the long run. The DFG is suppose to encourage and regulate the sportsman. Instead their policies now are to discourage participation in the GREAT outdoor experience!!! Why I think there is hope is the oldest motivation in the world. "MONEY!!!!!!" Sportsman spend Billions of dollars each year on their hobby. When the right people (as in our state legislature) realize their constituency are going to be losing their business's and their livelihood because sporting activity's are failing. Someone is going to say, "Hey" what can we do to encourage more sporting activity's and who's going to do it????? Then the DFG will be forced to run and operate programs and laws that benefit and encourage the sportsmen!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-19-2015 at 12:40 PM.

The left is doing it's best to eliminate fishing and hunting with the help of the Humane Society and all of the Eco Nazi's. According to these stats it seems to be working. Look and you will see a continuing shrinkage of licenses issued while the population grows. California is last in per capita participants. Mission accomplished azzhats!!!

http://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/Subpages...ry20042015.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    The left is doing it's best to eliminate fishing and hunting with the help of the Humane Society and all of the Eco Nazi's. According to these stats it seems to be working. Look and you will see a continuing shrinkage of licenses issued while the population grows. California is last in per capita participants. Mission accomplished azzhats!!!

The left are you kidding me!!!! I've meet more sportsmen on the left then on the right. It's not a right or left thing it's a people thing. If anything you can blame right thinking tactics as why we keep losing are rights. (classic example was the MLPA) Nobody in California thinks we can learn anything from Red states politically. So when you come across as one of them people, you are immediately dismissed. Mark my words, "when there is a break through it's not going to come from a Russ Limbaugh protégé'"

Ya Tucky tell me again who want's to save the smelt and eradicate non native fish (Striper, Catfish and Largemouth), save the Yellow Leg frog and close Sierra wilderness areas, Triploid Trout only stocking that will eventually eliminate Cut Throat Trout, Brown Trout from all of the Sierra lakes and streams, restrict firearms, restrict ammo purchased, restrict CCW, lead ammo ban, Cougar hunting, Bear hunting with dogs, Bobcat trapping, gun free zones etc. etc.. I don't seem to recall ever seeing a name with and (R) behind their name pushing or sponsoring legislation pushing any of the above.

The most classic example of where we are going is the Liberal press. I remember when every newspaper had an Outdoor Editor and hunting and fishing stories were in the sports section. My local paper printed a fishing report and fish stocking report every Thursday and a least once a month a major feature was in the Sunday edition. Please post a list of Liberal leaning newspapers that have an Outdoors section (Hunting and Fishing). Jim Matthews was the person in my local rag and I know him personally and have hunted and fished with him and watched his kids grow up hunting and fishing. Here is a link to his web site and an article you should read. http://www.outdoornewsservice.com/#!...f2f9ae3fd66f5d

Ya Tucky tell me again who want's to save the smelt and eradicate non native fish (Striper, Catfish and Largemouth), save the Yellow Leg frog and close Sierra wilderness areas, Triploid Trout only stocking that will eventually eliminate Cut Throat Trout, Brown Trout from all of the Sierra lakes and streams, restrict firearms, restrict ammo purchased, restrict CCW, lead ammo ban, Cougar hunting, Bear hunting with dogs, Bobcat trapping, gun free zones etc. etc.. I don't seem to recall ever seeing a name with and (R) behind their name pushing or sponsoring legislation pushing any of the above.

The most classic example of where we are going is the Liberal press. I remember when every newspaper had an Outdoor Editor and hunting and fishing stories were in the sports section. My local paper printed a fishing report and fish stocking report every Thursday and a least once a month a major feature was in the Sunday edition. Please post a list of Liberal leaning newspapers that have an Outdoors section (Hunting and Fishing). Jim Matthews was the person in my local rag and I know him personally and have hunted and fished with him and watched his kids grow up hunting and fishing. Here is a link to his web site and an article you should read. http://www.outdoornewsservice.com/#!...f2f9ae3fd66f5d
    Just because all the Eco-Nazis vote D doesn't make it a right or left issue. That's like saying only Republicans like guns. There are plenty of Demorats that like guns too!!!!!! The DFG has gone astray and everybody needs to get together regardless of political affiliation and get them back on track. Governor Moonbeam is going out of office soon, that means we get a crack at electing a new Governor. The Demorats will probably nominate the Lieutenant Governor. (Gavin Newsom) Let's see if the Republicans can nominate a good middle of the roader like Pete Wilson. I would vote for someone like that and hopefully clean out those scumbags who are negatively influencing the DFG.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-20-2015 at 08:25 AM.

To answer your question to name a Liberal newspaper that had or has an Outdoor section (newspapers aren't what they use to be) so I'm talking a few years back. (not that many years ago) The LA times when the last of the Chandler heirs was a Liberal. If I remember correctly Jim Matthews had a weekly section right in the middle of the sports page. That's when I first heard about the Duct and how good the fishing was there. Ask me something a little harder!!!!! lol lol lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-19-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Here is your buddy Newsome's latest piece of work. https://www.fpcsadc.org/wp-content/u...8-Firearms.pdf

The summary is:
    Newsom’s ballot initiative would make numerous changes to state law, including, but not limited to:

Instituting a total, confiscatory ban on the possession of “large-capacity magazines” – even legally-owned “grandfathered” magazines and those that are possessed by active and retired law enforcement officers;

Adding severe and expensive new restrictions on ammunition purchases, including a mandatory DOJ ammunition purchase permit for anyone who wants to buy ammunition, a ban on private ammunition sales, and a gun owner database of ammunition purchasers;

A ban on the private purchase and importation of ammunition from out-of-state retailers;

Requiring all ammunition sellers to acquire a special DOJ ammunition sales permit and to have every employee that handles or sells ammunition to have a DOJ-issued Certificate of Eligibility;

A $25 Million theft of fees paid by gun owners to fund the new DOJ ammunition program;

And other gun control regulations that have already failed passage in the Legislature or were vetoed by Governor Jerry Brown.

Oh and can you give me a list of CURRENT newspapers. I believe it has been 10 years or more since Jim Matthews was syndicated in the LA Times, time fly's when your not paying attention.

too many left wing bleeding heart tree hugging liberals for me........... that's why I left years ago and never looked back. But I still miss my friends, you guys, In-N-Out, Del Taco, real chinese food in garden grove, Pho and the best mexican food too. But as for the fishing and hunting, it's gets better the further away from Calif that you get. Trust me. Just do some fishing and traveling, you will see what I mean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast