Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 14' Aluminum Boat for sale... this does not look good....

I was talking with someone who has knowledge of what is going on and here is what I was told, the lake is going to close in January (possibly February). The people running the lake currently must have everything off the property (except the tackle shop) by closing. And the final bit of information is that the County Parks Department is going to take over operations at Irvine Lake.

Soooo... is Irvine Lake becoming a county park?

Would be interesting to see if the county will allow boat launching to help raise funds. Boy wouldn't that just figure?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Would be interesting to see if the county will allow boat launching to help raise funds. Boy wouldn't that just figure?
    The County does have an option that a private concessionaire doesn't have to allow private boating back at Irvine Lake. The County can SELF-INSURE themselves. If that was the case, "think of all those big Catfish and Bass waiting to be caught." The best part is it would be for just a fraction of the cost of what it use to fish there!!!!! Of course I'm only dreaming, but dreams some times do come true.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-23-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The County does have an option that a private concessionaire doesn't have to allow private boating back at Irvine Lake. The County can SELF-INSURE themselves. If that was the case, "think of all those big Catfish and Bass waiting to be caught." For just a fraction of the cost of what it use to fish there!!!!! Of course I'm only dreaming, but dreams some times do come true.
    Man, I'm dreaming with you! What bass?

Now you all got the picture. Yaaaaaay. But etucker1959, the water district has the rights to what's put on their water. They own the water rights. County only has land rights. What a mess huh? So the way I see it, whoever takes over the concession is going to have to pay a premium price from the county and SWD. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Yme View Post
    Now you all got the picture. Yaaaaaay. But etucker1959, the water district has the rights to what's put on their water. They own the water rights. County only has land rights. What a mess huh? So the way I see it, whoever takes over the concession is going to have to pay a premium price from the county and SWD. Yikes
    When the County took back LNL from the concessionaire, "I thought it wasn't going to be very good for anyone." Boy I was totally wrong on that one!!!!! If it was left up to that NO GOOD DFG to stock the fish it would have been total Crap. But the County has really stepped up, their trying to stock every other week with the same poundage of Trout as the previous concessionaire did just not weekly. WOW!!!! and they don't charge $28 dollars to fish there any more either. Irvine lake on the other hand has so much more potential with all those resident fish that live in there compared to LNL. So I'm anxiously waiting to see what happens next!!!! It may not be as bad as people think it will be!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-28-2015 at 07:39 PM.

So like, when can we officially start Ninja'ing the place?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So like, when can we officially start Ninja'ing the place?
    That's poaching!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. )

I would guess its already happening...!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast