Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14' Aluminum Boat for sale... this does not look good....

Default 14' Aluminum Boat for sale... this does not look good....

I agree. All Signs are showing for a shut down of the Lake. They just advertised "No Limit Trout and Catfish" stringers, along with giving up on the boat rentals to sell them. That tells you they are not going to stock anymore trout and it will be a matter of time before the door closes. How sad, one of the greatest venues being shut down. Maybe the county will take over and do the same thing they are doing at LNL. Stocking pretty decent fish and just requiring a license. Fingers crossed!

If they do like they have done at LNL I hope they at least let us launch private boats. that's a lot of good water that would be impossible to get to...

So during this fiasco, there was talk of upgrading the boats to DVL style, trolling motors, electronics etc....
    That was the talk anyway.....

Yup. Sure looks like it's all over for the SWD/IR concessions. Too bad everyone's going to have to fish elsewhere because of what corporate greed has done. And what poor upper managing has done too. Yet sell off the inventory to still fatten they're wallets still. Plus not stocking fish, yet charging full prices. That's not greed? SMH. As for those doubters, and you know who you are, the truth is finally coming out. You've been lied to all along. I'm sorry for blasting out like this, but you guys/supporters of the lake/management have been strung along. You just don't get it. Irvine Lake isn't going anywhere is right!!! It's a reservoir for drinking water. Helllloooooo!!! But as for recreation, I would say look for the lake to maybe open back up a few years down the road. Like last time something similar shut it down. Hope that might clear up some questions about the lake. IMO. So to all, have a blessed holiday season!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yme View Post
    Yup. Sure looks like it's all over for the SWD/IR concessions. Too bad everyone's going to have to fish elsewhere because of what corporate greed has done. And what poor upper managing has done too. Yet sell off the inventory to still fatten they're wallets still. Plus not stocking fish, yet charging full prices. That's not greed? SMH. As for those doubters, and you know who you are, the truth is finally coming out. You've been lied to all along. I'm sorry for blasting out like this, but you guys/supporters of the lake/management have been strung along. You just don't get it. Irvine Lake isn't going anywhere is right!!! It's a reservoir for drinking water. Helllloooooo!!! But as for recreation, I would say look for the lake to maybe open back up a few years down the road. Like last time something similar shut it down. Hope that might clear up some questions about the lake. IMO. So to all, have a blessed holiday season!!!!!!!!
    Corporate greed? How does that fit into this equation? It seems to me judging what info I have is it is more like lack of personal responsibility and laws that allow said lack of personal responsibility to turn into massive paydays for those who shun the rules. The company running the place lost millions in the subsequent lawsuit and those of you who frequented Irvine lake quite possibly may have lost your favorite fishery due to people who shun personal responsibility and get THEMSELVES killed. If it's true that Irvine lake is indeed closing, and due to the millions of dollars lost, why is it wrong to try to recoup a few pennies on the dollar? They're obviously broke so what's the big deal? Are they supposed to give those boats away too? I find it appalling how some of you enjoyed fishing this lake and the services it offered yet you stab it in the back when it gets frivolously sued into bankruptcy then would celebrate when the government would take over a private business. Sad days indeed. I fished Irvine lake as a child and have many fond memories there with my father and brother...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 12-18-2015 at 11:19 PM.

This whole deal is so lame.. I love this lake.. Seems like selling the skiff's means that nothing is going to change for us boaters in the near future.. That SUCKS....

Looks like they're in a cash crunch, and scrambling to get funds to be able to pay their people through the holidays. I predict another very sad announcement early in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yme View Post
    This reads like you have absolutely no clue the circumstances of why this occurred. The business was booming for many years people paid because they wanted to and to them it was worth the money.

So to all, have a blessed holiday season? Sounds sarcastic. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by seal; 12-19-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast