Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly fishing: Saltwater, and freshwater.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I know...that's why you never see any of their reels on sale.

Then again, the Finatic is such a popular item that there is no need for it to go on sale, since people will gladly purchase it for MSRP.

You're correct. Throw a life time warranty on top of it, how could you go wrong. I've used their 5+ for 7 or 8 years now and haven't had one problem. I also have a 3+ for my 3 wt. that I use for blue gill fishing.

Years ago I did a lot of fly fishing both in fresh and saltwater. I learned how to fly fish in saltwater by casting streamer flies for bonita from the rocks on the San Gabriel River right there at Westminster Blvd.. Unbelievable fun fishing. Found out the hard way that you need quite a bit of backing on your flyreel! Every once in a while you'd hook a big jumping Needlefish, but they usually got off because of their hard bony mouth..tough to get a good hook set. There was a power plant there on the east side that would suck in cooler water to cool their generators and pump out warm water into the river. This warmer water went down the mile or two to the ocean where it attracted small baitfish, mostly smelt, that would swim upstream to it's source to feed. Bonito, mackerel, needlefish, even halibut and small White Seabass followed the bait upstream where the fishing could be phenomenal at times. Well thanks to stupid fishermen who left trash and dead fish everywhere, plus there were no restrooms- (you know what that means) the city closed the entire area down, fenced it off and posted NO TRESPASSING signs everywhere, that were strictly enforced. Oh man, the good old days!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12