Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 12-7 Report

Default 12-7 Report

Fished open to noon. Water temp stayed around 56 all day long. Only four boats on the water today. Didn't see any catching goin on and if it weren't for a merciful 8" bass that fell for a hair jig i woulda worn the white stripe. Weather was great, little wind. Bad fishin weather but it was nice just gettin out. Watched the fellas make some trips out with a big flatbed pontoon boat and dump a bunch of new brushpiles in, and i mean a bunch. Since the fishin wasn't great i would go waypoint the spots after they were done dumping the trees in. So in terms of fish id say today was a bust, but it was definately productive in other ways.

They stocked it last Friday I heard

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    They stocked it last Friday I heard
    Im sure those protein bars are all already gone. Between the bass and occasional striper and fishermen they dont last too long. They didnt stock much, i believe it was a small truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Im sure those protein bars are all already gone. Between the bass and occasional striper and fishermen they dont last too long. They didnt stock much, i believe it was a small truck.
    I was at my wife's annual Christmas Party last night at Oak Tree Village in Oak Glen. One of the owners told me that they have not been able to get any trout for their trout ponds recently from the hatchery. Apparently their hatchery, (Mojave Narrows), gets its trout from the High Sierra hatcheries; which indicated the trout were being shipped in limited quantities. He said once they stock the Regional Parks they do not have any trout left.

I am a bass fisherman and haven't chased trout in years; but that does not fair well for those who do...or perhaps the Swim Bait guys!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 12-10-2015 at 05:36 AM.