Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL Friday 12/4/2015

Default SARL Friday 12/4/2015

It has been a while since i posted on here but here it goes!

With the trout fever hitting me i Took the day off and headed down the 91 freeway
    First outing for trout and it was a definitely a nice welcome to the season
    Lines in the water by 6:45am 1 rod set up carolina rig (pink&White) Mice tail, 2nd rod set up carolina rig chartreuse powerbait.
    Both me and my dad caught our limits by 9am. did not get anything too big, they averaged out at 1.5lbs but it was still a very good day at SARL and cant wait till we head out again.

10 fish total and the ticket of the day was Chartreuse powerbait on a 18 inch leader. The method i use is early am cast real close to shore (5 to 10 feet out) and as the day gets warmer get out further & Further and it seemed to work. Did not get any love on the jigs or split shot worms

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    It has been a while since i posted on here but here it goes!

With the trout fever hitting me i Took the day off and headed down the 91 freeway
    First outing for trout and it was a definitely a nice welcome to the season
    Lines in the water by 6:45am 1 rod set up carolina rig (pink&White) Mice tail, 2nd rod set up carolina rig chartreuse powerbait.
    Both me and my dad caught our limits by 9am. did not get anything too big, they averaged out at 1.5lbs but it was still a very good day at SARL and cant wait till we head out again.

10 fish total and the ticket of the day was Chartreuse powerbait on a 18 inch leader. The method i use is early am cast real close to shore (5 to 10 feet out) and as the day gets warmer get out further & Further and it seemed to work. Did not get any love on the jigs or split shot worms

Nice I have been dying to get out but it seems like every weekend something has been coming up, but this Saturday looks good for some fishing, will keep your tip in mind, casting close in the AM and moving further as the day progresses. what spot where you fishing at, am thinking of trying out Chris pond.

yeah bro same here iv'e been trying to go since the season started but my schedule is hectic! luckily i had a slow friday and decided to close
    Casting close in the early am is very deadly and like that you know exactly where the trout are biting. some fishermen tend to cast as far as they can but what if they are casting where the fish are not hanging out at ?? they'll get the skunk
    5-20 feet out is the ticket for me and it definitely worked. i fished la palma point since all of the good spots were taken haha