Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hows the bite?

Default Hows the bite?

Is it worth paying a visit? I've been dying to catch some trout

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    From what I been Reading and Hearing the BITE is pretty good right now

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    From what I been Reading and Hearing the BITE is pretty good right now
    I think ill give it a shot then. Thanks!

Hot for some.

https://www.facebook.com/Irvine-Lake-161504543885777/

I got 3 on a very busy Saturday and 4 on Sunday (plus a few casualties), those Tailwalkers are lovin the pink mice tails with the white head....quality fish all between 2-5lbs with a few kickers pushing 7lbs. Set your drag accordingly, these things go crazy once they get close to shore Good luck!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 12-03-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I got 3 on a very busy Saturday and 4 on Sunday (plus a few casualties), those Tailwalkers are lovin the pink mice tails with the white head....quality fish all between 2-5lbs with a few kickers pushing 7lbs. Set your drag accordingly, these things go crazy once they get close to shore Good luck!

TD
    Caught a nice 2lb trout. I wish I read this before I went to the lake because as soon as I cast my first pole and went to get the next one set up, I hooked a fish and after I set the hook the line snapped! It was a combination of drag and laziness. I was using frayed line and I was trying to just get bait on the water so I didn't retie and now I learned my lesson. To sum it up the bite was slow but not dead. I heard the day before was crazy good so maybe the fish were full or spooked. Oh yeah caught two baby bass on the garlic night railed rig. The bait I used for the fish I lost was chartreuse powerbait and for the fish I caught I used the natural colored powerbait. Alot of big ones were caught by other fishermen on nightcrawlers. The best spots for fish is basically anywhere on the west shore of the lake. They were also being caught down in the bass coves if you walk further down the west shore.
    All in all it was a good day and any day at Irvine lake is better than sitting around or working.

looks like no stocking this week.bite might be kinda slow

Quote Originally Posted by fishingboysdad View Post
    looks like no stocking this week.bite might be kinda slow
    I wouldn't worry too much about the stocking, there are plenty of fish to be had at the Vine...

TD

Caught a nice 2lb trout. I wish I read this before I went to the lake because as soon as I cast my first pole and went to get the next one set up, I hooked a fish and after I set the hook the line snapped! It was a combination of drag and laziness. I was using frayed line and I was trying to just get bait on the water so I didn't retie and now I learned my lesson. To sum it up the bite was slow but not dead. I heard the day before was crazy good so maybe the fish were full or spooked. Oh yeah caught two baby bass on the garlic night railed rig. The bait I used for the fish I lost was chartreuse powerbait and for the fish I caught I used the natural colored powerbait. Alot of big ones were caught by other fishermen on nightcrawlers. The best spots for fish is basically anywhere on the west shore of the lake. They were also being caught down in the bass coves if you walk further down the west shore.
    All in all it was a good day and any day at Irvine lake is better than sitting around or working.
    Nice report Topgun! Fresh line and a light smooth drag is an essential with these fish, the Tailwalkers are 2nd to none as far as So Cal stocked trout go

TD