Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: earning my stripes

Default earning my stripes

Went to quail on Tuesday morning 2am. Went back to the inlet where the water was rushing in. We were on the western side of the inlet. It seems the current back flows on this side. which I found difficult to fish as I was trying to keep contact with my lure. Between the wind and back current I felt helpless so I tracked up the duct. Fishing the standard duct fare. Marched up to the oso inlet. Nothing. Marched out fishing along the way. Got back to quail and it was white cap city. Tried the rocks before I left. Skunk stripes I left at 10:30.

Fished the duct Saturday starting at 12:30 am. Started at check 39 water was moving. Then off to pastoria. Then to platito, old river, basic school, cadet and back track back. To the area where the dump the tumble weeds. Then off to check 37. Tried it all nothing. A few boils one of which a carp for sure. Not much going on. It was cold to boot. Earned some stripes again. Left for home at 10:45 Am.

Thanks for the info. Stay left of duct,south side to avoid the back flow ?