Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Butts & Bones in da BU

Default Butts & Bones in da BU

First of all, found one big disadvantage to a back pack w/2nd rod holder. It's more trouble than it's worth to get to my camera.........hence, no pictures. Hit the sand about 30 minutes before the greylight broke, threw the LC for nada until the sun was over the horizon. 4 bonito and 3 macs.........plus countless peski smelt. Left to go home when the tide slacked, on the way home pulled over at an area I haven't fished in about a year. Walked down with just one rod and threw a 3" swimbait, first cast I get hammered!! Had it on for maybe 30 seconds and got a glimpse of a hali looked to be in the high 20's before my leader knot gave up the ghost. New leader, new swimbait and back to the grind. To make a long story short in the next 90 minutes I put 9 halibut on the sand and lost just as many. Largest maybe 14", so nothing worth taking the back pack off to get my camera. Family has kept me off the sand for 2 weeks, nice return session.................respect, Verne

Note to self..................."start every session with new knots"

Way to stick to it Verne! Sounds like a fun day even with a couple set backs.

Tim

Nice job Verne. Chu Da Man. That stretch has been holding bait for about two weeks now. Glad you laid the wood to them. The swimbait seems to be working out well for you. Like I told Sean recently ...it's more than likely not your leader knot but rather just a damaged one. The Bob Sands knot has served me well for tying braid to fluoro...haven't had one break yet and when I tie fluoro to a swimbait I always use the simple palomar because once it's cinched down it won't slip a bit.Other knots seem to slip a bit with fluoro because the line itself is dense and doesnt bite into itself very well. Always been that way with fluoro and the thick eyelets on swimbaits. A tiny bit more of a tag always gives me peace of mind as well...lol
    Keep up the assault brotha.

Nice going man, but what is the BU?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice going man, but what is the BU?
    Malbu. :) ...

Your instincts and perseverance put you on the right spot at the right time!
    Excellent session Sir!

Thanx for the great numbers report!

SP Dan <"))><