Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 2015 - Eastern Sierra Closer Report (Late) Nov. 13 - 15

Default 2015 - Eastern Sierra Closer Report (Late) Nov. 13 - 15

What Up everyone? I was debating whether or not I should even post a report considering so few post actual fishing reports on FNN anymore. I'm as guilty as anyone I suppose so here's my small contribution.

A group of 7 us decided to head up the 395 for our annual Closer trip. We fished from November 13th through the 15th. Our first stop was Crowley Lake. Arrived at the lake shore at about 6:30 am and was welcomed with a nice 14 degree temp reading! We normally target the 6 bays and alligator point area but this time decided to try Green banks. We had 4 Yakers and 3 tubers in our party so it took a while for us to gear up. By the time we got on the water, there was about 15 to 20 other float tubers out there. I've never seen it so crowded at Crowley for the closure like this before. I literally felt like I was at a pay and play lake. At least until we started seeing the quality of fish. The next day we decided to ditch the crowds and we headed over to six bay and alligator point. Had the place to ourselves. On Sunday...The winds were howling so tubing or kayaking was out the of question. We decided to retreat to the Bishop drainage to do some creek fishing. Fooled a few on the North fork but it started to snow sideways so we called it a day. Man was it cold!

It wasn't wide open for us by all means but every fish we caught we're quality. 18" to 24" in quality. It was consistent all day long too. Rainbows, Lahontan Cutthroats, and Brownies were all in the mix. Our spin anglers were using barbless thomas bouyants (red and gold), barbless kastmasters, and various barbless Rapalas (brown trout). Those who Fly fished we're strippin barbless Punk perch, LoeBurgs, and various leech patterns with type 3 and 6 full sink DC lines.

Here's a small sample....

Last edited by RiverWalker; 11-25-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Thank you for the great report and pictures.

Beautiful fish! I like your Land Cruiser too, that looks like a perfect Eastern Sierras fishing machine.

AWESOME!
    Thank you so much for the report

Brrrr.That last picture makes me want to crank up the heater.
    Thanks for sharing your trip!

...beautifull trout...............

Nice to see some fish that have been in the area for more than 3 days being caught!