Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood is slow today

Default Silverwood is slow today

Nothing going on here today on the shore, I was fishing with a swim bait and no luck! Last resort was to fish the dock and nothing their either. Bummer

Picked a tough day to fish in this wind. But at least you got out there.

Did DFW show up with a load of candy bars for the stripeys?

Well it could not possibly have been worse than today... Cold, Cold, Cold, and did I mention COLD! The wind was howling, no place to shelter... seen nothing on the meters either, we fished all the points, the quarry, the buey line, and even what's left of outhouse cove and the little of clergymen that remains... nothing. Fished plastics, deps, bass jig and even night crawlers. Oh well, I'm gonna hope for a better outcome tomorrow.

Got the 411 on expected wind conditions for tomorrow?

Should be way better tomorrow half as bad as it was today, but the wind does make it cold still. Good luck tomorrow...

Well I really can't complain about the cold too much, at least that is if the fish are biting! Everything I know about fish behavior is that they hug the bottom and do not eat with the wind, I have 3 different weather apps and they are so unreliable that I do not trust any of them, well 1 of the 3 did say 20+ mph wife for today! Said the same for this past Saturday, but they were dead wrong, it was a beautiful day!

Wind is down today. No trout plant this week. It's the time of year that the schoolies are going to go deeper, largemouth will be lethargic, for the most part. Between storm fronts some increase in activity could occur but it's getting time for downriggers and swimbaits and swimbait fishing is always going to be hit and miss. Probably cats will slow too.

Good luck!

Well, yesterday was just terrible, high wind and biting cold. Today, no bass, no cats, but limited on schoolie strippers! No wind, flat calm, fished the quarry, but no bites. Gonna try again in the morning!

Nice job up at 5:00am. this morning and the weather is perfect you should have another great day.
    How about a photo or two for those of us that can't make it out there..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast