Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Greer Park Lake

Default Greer Park Lake

This lake sucks. Once you get over the fact that this lake is over populated with marine birds, their is still the fact that the lake looks like it hasn't received any type of maintenance in years. The water is way too green and there is more bird **** covering the dirt than their is grass. I would rather them skip a stocking and invest some money into cleaning up the lakes instead of filling them with trout that can't see a inch in front of them. I know some lakes are better managed but it is sad to see how few lakes are fishable anymore in the socal area. Just makes moving out of California easier I suppose. I saw/heard fish jumping out of the water so at least I know I wasn't fishing for nothing.

Use white or chartreuse colors there and your success there will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Use white or chartreuse colors there and your success there will skyrocket.
    I did use chartreuse to be fair. I did not however use white. Also I JUST noticed yesterday at irvine lake that my treble hooks were too big/heavy and the power bait wasn't floating. Maybe I'll try it again with smaller hooks and brighter colors.